Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60 in J/Y in NoCal

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Triaged, Jul 23, 2001.

1. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I don't know anything about it but you will look into it if you want one bad enough <a target="_blank" href=http://www.ranchochevy.com/new_arrivals/001482.html>http://www.ranchochevy.com/new_arrivals/001482.html</a>

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I'm all over that like a fat guy on a twinkie... it's 15 minutes from my house! Woohoo!!! [​IMG]

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

How much for the whole truck?

<font color=blue>Daddy told me while learning to pee......"if you shake it more than twice, then you are playing with it!!!"</font color=blue>

4. ChevyCaGal

I'm gonna call today and find out... if it's not a rip off (which it will be this place is great for taking people for a ride cash wise) I'm gonna drive over and check it out....I'll let you know what I find! I'm sure my mom would kill me to drag it home, but hey, life is not fun unless I am making it interesting! Buying a big wrecked truck as a lawn ornament sure would make it interesting! [​IMG] Woohoo Dana 60!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.

5. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I have no idea what they want for it. I was searching for a K30 parts truck when I stumbled across this one. It yould be too far of a drive for me (I also found a K30 DRW in vegas for $1600). I will just have to keep looking.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust

6. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

I already called on that add. and unfortunately they know the value of the D60. Sorry

7. ChevyCaGal

The guy quoted me if I came and trailed it away before Friday I could have the whole truck for $1500.... I dunno if it's worth it... I'm gonna go look at tomorrow afternoon after work... if the tranny if good, t-case and whatever else I will buy it and sell off the stuff I don't want/need... now for a place to keep it!

8. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

Unbelievable. It looks just like the truck I called on! good find for you!

9. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

Unbelievable. It looks just like the truck I called on! good find for you!

10. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Steph, if all the drivetrain is even decent, it's worth $1500..........hmmm.............one ton drivetrain..............welcome to the club! [​IMG]

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.alloffroad.com>www.blazzinor.alloffroad.com</a>

11. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Steph, if all the drivetrain is even decent, it's worth $1500..........hmmm.............one ton drivetrain..............heck, offer him $1200 and see what he says. Welcome to the one ton club! [​IMG]

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.alloffroad.com>www.blazzinor.alloffroad.com</a>

12. ChevyCaGal

It is the same truck from what I know... I said I saw the ad and he said yeah we got a bunch of calls on it but everyone wants them to give it away for free and they aren't in the business of losing money as he put it... I bet when I get there they try to pull a fast one because this is the same place that when I was buying a new windshield quoted me $125 on the phone and I got there and suddenly it was $175... I think Sarazk5 tried dealing with them once too for doors and they were smoking crack when they quoted her a price...

13. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Hey Steph, I think Ddragggon was sorta trying to find some rear doors for his burban, They are the same and he lives in AZ, so ya may wanna contact him if ya get it.

Out of 100,000 sperm, YOU were the fastest?? [​IMG]

14. thatK30guy

Steph, $1500 for that truck sounds like a GOOD deal to me!! If it still has the motor, tranny, t-case in it, even better!!! Does it have a 454 and it should be TBI. I would pay for that right now, but being here in Kansas, its too far to send my transporter to get it and bring back. I would imagine the transport fee would be around $1500. So, $3000 really kills the deal for me! [​IMG]

<font color=blue>Daddy told me while learning to pee......"if you shake it more than twice, then you are playing with it!!!"</font color=blue>

15. ChevyCaGal

Went to check it out... and well um, man I wish I could get that 30 minutes of my life back... Here's the conversation...

Me: I am here to look at the white 87 Crewcab K30 that is wrecked...

Him: Ok, well they don't have it anymore they sold it this morning...

Me I just called like an hour ago (1:30pm) and you still had it according to the info I believe it was you (Jon) gave me...

Him: Oh yeah, huh, yeah I remember now, I forgot it was the dulley we sold earlier. Gets busy in here sometimes and it's hot my brain is slow, sorry...

Me: It's ok, can I go back and see it now?

Him: Sure... lemme find... (it was this dude that spoke like Chinese or something and hardly any English) to take you out there....

We walk out there...

Me: Wow this looks alot like a red wrecked F250... it's amazing how the photo looks so different on the website

Him: (Blank stare)

Me: I say hmmm looks like a Ford to me and not a K30...

Him: (Blank stare) Oh yeah, oops, I take you to Chevy, no Ford, you buy strong fast Chevy...

Me: How much you want?

Him: $3500

Me: But on the phone you said $1500

Him: (Blank stare) He wrong then lady, it $3500 because big axle up front worth lots...

Me: How come you can't get your story right ahead of time to save people like me a lot of time in driving out here...?

Him: (Blank stare) (laugh) I don't know lady?

Anyhow he walked off after that and I poked around it some more... the engine has some damage like parts are missing? and it's leaking oil like crazy... the front drive shaft is missing... looks like they vultures got to it first... I don't think that dude knew what he was talking about though... bunch of retards... now I remember why I hate this place and go to American River Auto Wreckers... sheesh... [​IMG]

16. Pure Insanity

In 2 words.......BONE HEADS! I hate that kind of stuff, why dont they just do what they say and save alot of peoples time, not to mention helping what has got to be a terrible reputation!

17. thatK30guy

Threaten them you will call the BBB for misleading you over the phone and in person. Maybe scare him into selling it cheaper than the $1500 just so they can get it out of the way and make you happy!!! It would be cheaper for them to get rid of it rather than deal with the BBB. [​IMG]

18. ChevyCaGal

It's not even worth it to me to deal with these idiots... I bet I could go and fight with them and threaten to call the BBB and in the mean time someone else sneeks in there and buys it... Besides I honestly can't get it because I told my mom (I live with her still..) she was not thrilled on the fact I could have a fat wrecked truck in the front yard for a bit... besides there was this dude there when I left who was asking about because he wanted it... oh well....

19. Pure Insanity

Do like I used to do and just show up w/ your new prized possesion! HEHE! I still do it, Sandi dont like it when I come home w/ automotive suprizes, cuz more often than not they dont run!! [​IMG]

20. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Or when you finally do bring one home running ya go and screw up the tranny, &lt;img src="http://coloradok5.com/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif"&gt;!! (sorry the widdle bitty tires comment messed with my head &lt;img src="http://coloradok5.com/forums/images/icons/wink.gif"&gt;

But at least your Blazer looks good sitting there!
    <P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by 90blzr on 07/24/01 07:42 PM.</FONT></P>