Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60 install pics from this weekend

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Feb 15, 2004.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Not for nuthin but you need to fire your photographer. Either that or I need my eyes lightened. Good luck to ya. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Allan

3. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

looks like a fun time. What is spray painted on the side of that donor truck. That is the donor truck right? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Geezus dude, you need to clean that thing up... /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif
    [​IMG]

This is mine before it went in..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here it is installed..
    [​IMG]
    /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I did clean it up. That pic is of it still under the donor truck before I went nuts with the wire wheel. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I'm going to hose it down with oven cleaner as soon as the weather gets better so I can use the hose outside and it should be good. All the loose rust chunks and oil that was caked on it is off now, at least.

6. Zeus33rd

I spent half a day with a wire wheel on a 4.5" grinder, one on a drill, a hand brush, a screwdriver, oven cleaner, brake cleaner and pressure washer to get mine clean. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I just can't seam to be able to find a D60 for under $1,500.00 around here. Then it'd need to be rebuilt. I think I'm going too end up ordering one from Boyce this summer. I'm thinking the cost will be about the same anyways.

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    looks like a fun time. What is spray painted on the side of that donor truck. That is the donor truck right? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if that's a joke or not, but nothing is spray painted on my truck, that's shoe polish from the 4wd show here in town, some girl in a bikini wrote that on there and I just haven't washed it off yet. The reason it has tiny tires on it is that it won't fit in the garage any other way.

The donor truck is the white one with no bed on it. The one that is bashed and hacked is obviously my trail machine.

Sorry that the pics are dark. There aren't anywhere near enough lights in that garage, and usually I work with the door open but it was just too cold this weekend. I figured it was better to snap a couple pics in the dark than nothing at all.

I didn't get pics of the 10 bolt going under the K30 and it going outside, but thats what ended up happening.

I'm going to get the steering box on and drag link on after I bolt it in, then take the outers off the axle. Rotors are getting turned, calipers turned in for cores, and pads pitched in the trash. That way it'll be 100% in the stopping/steering department before it leaves the garage.

The reason that axle looks like crap is because it came from a plow truck that had a rusted out oil pan so it had oil all over it in the center and the outers are all scaly rust. Obviously I'm not going to leave it like that...but a 60 is a 60. It's just as clean inside as any other Dana 60, the outside just looks a little rough right now. Nothing that a wire wheel and some oven cleaner can't fix. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Zeus33rd

Got mine for $800. Out of an '84 CUCV with 74K miles. Replaced the seals and replaced u-joints, the rest I didnt have to touch. Maybe $900 into it as it sits.

Not counting the Warn flanges or 35 spline outers with full circle clips of course.

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Got mine for $800. Out of an '84 CUCV with 74K miles. Replaced the seals and replaced u-joints, the rest I didnt have to touch. Maybe $900 into it as it sits.

Not counting the Warn flanges or 35 spline outers with full circle clips of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't have to mess with mine at all either. I'm going to put u joints in it and a locker but other than looking crappy (which will be fixed shortly) on the outside my '60 is flawless.

Also note the blingin' Sky crossover arm on the passenger knuckle. We also moved the cap from the passenger side to the driver's side so I don't have that ugly ass steering arm on the driver's side.

11. edlavarreda

edlavarreda Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I just can't seam to be able to find a D60 for under $1,500.00 around here. Then it'd need to be rebuilt. I think I'm going too end up ordering one from Boyce this summer. I'm thinking the cost will be about the same anyways.

[/ QUOTE ] got my dodge dana 60 and 70 both locked and 4.88s for $176.00 each. they will be going on a crewcab

12. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Little dark in all of those pics. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Yeah I know it's kinda dark. You guys get the idea. Trucks are on jackstands, a 60 gets raped from a K30, and next weekend or the following one, the 60 will be living under my rig.

14. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Not for nuthin but you need to fire your photographer. Either that or I need my eyes lightened. Good luck to ya. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Allan

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe my pics wil turn out better. so you guys can see what really went on. should have got video of the K30 rolling down the hill and my truck catching it with the strap. i dunno about the rest of you guys, but i know i would've enjoyed seeing it from that angle a lot more than i did from my drivers seat.

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Yeah, dragging the K30 out the door with no brakes was interesting, to put it mildly. Two 4wd trucks and two tow straps later it made it into the backyard. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

16. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Yeah, dragging the K30 out the door with no brakes was interesting, to put it mildly. Two 4wd trucks and two tow straps later it made it into the backyard. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

17. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Geezus dude, you need to clean that thing up...

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I had the patience to clean something properly like that before I put it in. Whenever I start to, I do it halfway, then just give up and install it. Usually I'm too excited to get the part(s) in... then I complain later cause it looks dirty.

So, how's it feel to have a 60 sitting under there? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

It's great...I've got all my ducks in a row so when my parts finally get here, I'll be all set.

19. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

you put it in valentines day, wow, what a way to treat your girlfriend, i was getting laid while you installing that dana 60 lol /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif