Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60 Kingpin rebuild questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k5-newbie, Feb 23, 2005.

1. k5-newbie

k5-newbie 1/2 ton status

Called the parts store yesterday to order the rebuild kit for the Kingpins and they asked if they were metal or nylon??? :confused: i assume they are nylon but not sure and don't have the axle out of the truck yet to take it apart and check. The 60 is out of a '90 3500 single wheel 4 door. Anyone Know a part number or which ones I need? or should I call the dealer and ask them?

Thanks

2. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

You want the nylon bushing and a new spring. That is for the upper part. There is the actual king pin (cone looking piece of steel) but if it is still tight and not rusted or galled you can leave it alone (they are a real PITA to remove). The lower part is a bearing and race assembly. If the bearing is fine just do the upper bushing and spring that I first mentioned. Also check out the dana 60 bible over on PBB.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

look at www.offroaddesign.com thay have a nice full kit( 49.50 one side all parts ) and or some other hard core shops have complet kits with or with out king pins. and it sounds like the parts store was asking about 2x4 king pin bushings. thay might not know what you want. and replace the spring if you dont get a full kit. thay will give you death wobble if thay are week.

4. k5-newbie

k5-newbie 1/2 ton status

think i'll order the kit from ORD, It didnt seem like Napa knew exactly what i was talking about(of course I dont either LOL) but it kinda worries me.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

don't order the kit if you don't need it. A new spring and bushing is like $9 why spend $50 when all you need is the spring and bushing??

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

that price was master kit . thay have semi kits for less. if only need top half of parts. thanks for pointing that out sled dog.