Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60 lock ring ??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RedBrute, Mar 23, 2003.

1. RedBrute

RedBrute 1/2 ton status

I am replacing the drive flanges on my D60 with a set of spicer locking hubs I bought (used but nice). When I went to install them I realized I need the large internal lockring to hold the whole thing in. I believe the GM number for this is 14070396, item 76, not found on GMPARTSDIRECT. Where can I get a pair of these? Is this the type of thing where only OEM parts will work or can I get any suitable snapring that fits and use it? I'd 'preciate any help.

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Are they 30 or 35 spline hubs? If they are 35 spline hubs the stock lockring will not work, you will need the spiral lockring that comes with the hubs when you buy them new. You can buy them new from warn if you call them.

3. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Go to Fleet Pride, thats where I get all my driveline stuff. They should be able to help you out.

4. RedBrute

RedBrute 1/2 ton status

I knew I'd leave something out, these are 30 spline hubs. Never thought to try Warn, I fugured you'd have to buy the whole thing, thanks.

5. RedBrute

RedBrute 1/2 ton status

Hey, a local guy /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif OK dumb question, where's Fleetpride, is it across from the truckstop in Kirkwood?

6. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yeah, across from the new Pilot, it used to be called Univeral Joint sales. there are pretty good guys there. Was jsut there today, the price came down on D60 joints, only $26 each now!! Only need $179 for the hubs.....