Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60 parts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dammit32, Jan 18, 2003.

1. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

I bought a matched pair of CUCV military surplus axles but I wont be picking them up for a week or two. I was pondering some parts problems...

Spring plates ...can I use my old ones?

Brake lines...Does the D60 use a banjo fitting like the 3/4 ton?

U-bolts...size of the axle tube?? length of the u-bolts with 4" Skyjacker springs?

Conversion u-joint...I have one on the rear already but the front would be different because they have internal type clips on them...NAPA part #?

Shock mounts...will they be in a different location?

Spring Pads...will they need to be moved?

The sell claims the axles will be 1" shorter thean my 3/4 ton axle...is this true? will this cause me problems?

I guesss I had quite a few questions LOL

Any help is much apreciated /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Did you buy them from that guy in Mass who sells them on ebay?
    If you have a 10 bolt in the front you can use your existing brake lines. D44 front uses different ends on the calipers.
    You will need 3 u bolts and either 2 studs or grade 8 bolts. Not sure on the length you need. I got mine from ORD when I did my swap since I needed some some other parts. You will need the spring plates from the Dana 60. You can get the driver side to work from a 10 bolt axle but you need the D60 passenger side one. Also for the rear you would want to use your 3/4 ton plates for the u bolts. The axle is the same width as your 3/4 ton axle, just the spring pads and shock mounts will need to be moved.
    U joint on the front should bolt right up to the D60. I only needed a Napa 447 to bolt the driveshaft to the rear 14ff.
    Hope this helps.

3. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

thats weird the u joint isnt larger in the front /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

thats weird the u joint isnt larger in the front

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it uses the same 1310 ujoint that the 1/2 tons axles do. There are 1350 yokes available everywhere for about $50.
    -- Mike