Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60 people I need help, please look......

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bushwhacker, Sep 24, 2003.

1. Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Come on I know some of you guys have D60's help a guy out. Is there a trick to get them to stay put while you put the caliper on? These little things are pissing me off! Somebody please tell me there is a simple solution!!!!! Can you leave them off? HELP!!! tell me the secret!!

Thanks,
    Clay

2. Bushwhacker

Anybody????? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

If you're talking about holding the caliper up while you insert the hardware under it I usually wedge a screw driver under it.

4. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Come on I know some of you guys have D60's help a guy out. Is there a trick to get them to stay put while you put the caliper on? These little things are pissing me off! Somebody please tell me there is a simple solution!!!!! Can you leave them off? HELP!!! tell me the secret!!

Thanks,
    Clay

[/ QUOTE ]

What is it that you are having trouble with?
    What are the "little things? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

What won't "stay put"? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Byron /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Bushwhacker

Sorry its those damn tiny anti rattle clips for the inboard brake pads. I think I may leave them off. Just wanted to see what some of you did with them on your axles.
    Thanks,
    Clay

6. Bushwhacker

no probs with mounting the caliper. Hey that V3500 you have is BADASS! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Saw your webshots.. I got my D60/14B from a 91 V3500. Does the 14B in yours have the ribs on the center section? just wondering.

Clay

7. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

the anti rattle clips that clip onto the inner pad and slip into the piston in the caliper? just squeeze them down until they fit snug on the pad and then install...if not, take a picture of what it is and ill help ya out..

8. Bushwhacker

Thats the part. The prob is that you have to slide the inner pad in the housing before you can put the caliper on. so when you try and slide the caliper on with the outer pad in place there is not enough room for the clip and the caliper knocks it off the pad. I have about a 1/8th inch to work with and the clip sticks out at least a half inch. hope this explains it better. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    Thanks for the help,
    Clay

9. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    no probs with mounting the caliper. Hey that V3500 you have is BADASS! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Saw your webshots.. I got my D60/14B from a 91 V3500. Does the 14B in yours have the ribs on the center section? just wondering.

Clay

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Yeah my 14 bolt is the ribbed type, I really like the look of that housing. Now if it only had a bigger motor... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

10. Bushwhacker

Found out where they go... so simple I feel like kickin my own ass /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Clay