Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60 question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by talldogg, Jul 26, 2001.

1. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Couple questions on the front Dana 60.
    What applications had it? Truck/Year?
    Is the dually version worth looking for? I remember reading that it wasn't worth converting money wise.
    What are dead give aways in ID'ing one to make sure you're not looking at a 8 lug D44?
    Thanks guys, I want to make sure I know what I'm dealing with in case I come across one as I'm now spending more time on the Blazer.

It's not what you buy, it's what you build!

2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

1976 up to 87 K30's, Crew cab and cab and chassis from 88-90/91 had them. Dead give aways are kingpins instead of balljoints, the steering arm is held on with a 4 bolts in a square pattern whereas lesser axles held the arm with three studs and nuts in a 'C' shaped pattern. Plus most D60's had a '60' marked on the pumpkin.

Sorry it should have been post '76.

If you didn't build it yourself, how can you call it yours.......?<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Leadfoot on 07/27/01 08:57 AM.</FONT></P>

3. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Actually, it's 77' to 87' K30s and 91' crewcabs that had the 60 front. But like Lead said....all those are good characteristics. That and they're just so much freakin bigger!![​IMG]
    Boss

89' 1 TON of FUN K5

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Also, the axle is held to the springs by 3 u-bolts, not 4 like the D44 or 10B. The D60 uses 2 studs or bolts to fit into the differential housing.

<font color=blue>Daddy told me while learning to pee......"if you shake it more than twice, then you are playing with it!!!"</font color=blue>

5. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Man you guys rule!
    First of all, what's a kingpin?????? Also is the duallie version the same as a single wheel version, except for the rim?????

It's not what you buy, it's what you build!