Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60 Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 82GMCP/U, Feb 27, 2003.

1. 82GMCP/U

82GMCP/U Registered Member

I am going to put a D60 in the front of my 3/4 ton and was wondering if it is a direct bolt in, will my u-bolts and driveshaft and brakes fit it. I hope so cause its all new, I just had new custom driveshafts made and just put new u-bolts and brakes and calipers on when I did the lift.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> The shaft will bolt up to it, but that's it. The brakes and u-bolts are diffferent. </font>

3. Lobo2055

Lobo2055 Registered Member

I believe the plates that go on top of springs are different as well, and kinda pricy too.

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

4. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

also your new driveshafts my be a little to long now becuase the Dana 60 pinion is longer then a 44. Yeah like shaggy said the drive shaft will bolt up but that's about it. You need different u-bolts, the calipers are different, spring plates are differnt, etc. You could always sell the stuff I guess. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but it's better to know now then to find out later.
    -fLeXy K20

5. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

since its going to be such a hassle ill buy the 60 off of you...ill even give you 500 bucks for it...thats way more than what they go for everyday...but anything to help out a ck5 brother...

Later

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    since its going to be such a hassle ill buy the 60 off of you...ill even give you 500 bucks for it...thats way more than what they go for everyday...but anything to help out a ck5 brother...

Later

[/ QUOTE ]

Where are you finding D60?? maybe ya are jaking. from what i see 500 is a good deal. anyway, im not knocking you i just want to know. 500 for a D60 then another 150 to ship it out here. nto a bad deal.
    grant

7. 82GMCP/U

82GMCP/U Registered Member

Well, I guess I gotta tell the guy I need all the other goodies to make it fit in my truck /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif, Damn swap I hope my front shaft will work, if it dosn't I'll bring it back, it has a Lifetime Warrenty, and tell him to shorten it. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

8. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

Not good news but, news nonetheless. I just helped my buddy put a d60 in his truck, he had a 6 inch lift, with the stock front shaft, (no lengething for the 6 inch lift) So we figured we would be alright with the front shaft seeing how it was never lengenthed for the 6" lift we thought the long ass d60 pinion would just put the shaft back to how it should be, He still needed to shorten it.... Mine also had to be shortened when i did it, So id bet your gonna have to aswell ;P no biggie though atleast you got big ole axle in there now.