Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

d60 rear disc

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 69K5, Jan 21, 2004.

1. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

is there a diffrence in d60 rear disc brackets and 14ff/ eaton rear disc brackets? anyone have a pic of there set up on a d60. didnt see one over on AZ

thanks

69k5

2. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Send a PM to SUBFAN.....he is in the process of putting disks on a rear D60.

Also....PM jms....he has disks on his rear D60. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

beast 388

thanks. i am gonna pm them. i did some more searching and found out the center holes is biggre. i still dont understand why on dodge brackets people cut off the bottom and only have 3 bolt holes. while chevy and ford d60 have all 4?

thanlks again

69k5

4. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i still dont understand why on dodge brackets people cut off the bottom and only have 3 bolt holes. while chevy and ford d60 have all 4?

[/ QUOTE ]

The rear D60 that I had (that SUBFAN now has) has 7 holes for backing plate mounting.....a little different than the Furd & Dodge D60's.

Here is a link to Blackbird's Custom Trucks. They sells a rear disk kit for Chevy D60 rears. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

www.azkickin.com made the disc brake kit for my D60.
    [​IMG]

Oh... and it came from a Dodge.

Marv

6. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Beast388 is correct. The GM D60 has 7 mounting bolts, and the Ford has 4.

I ordered one for the Ford housing, but changed my mind and used the GM one instead. I need to get off my but and send them back and get the right one. Let me know if you want to use the GM housing, and I will send my kit back and the pattern for it. I cut the center out of the backing plate, because I knew I could not draw one correctly /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

That way everyone that gets one will have a correct fit /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    i still dont understand why on dodge brackets people cut off the bottom and only have 3 bolt holes. while chevy and ford d60 have all 4?

[/ QUOTE ]

The rear D60 that I had (that SUBFAN now has) has 7 holes for backing plate mounting.....a little different than the Furd & Dodge D60's.

Here is a link to Blackbird's Custom Trucks. They sells a rear disk kit for Chevy D60 rears. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The Dodge plates mount on the inside of the axle flange so the bottom has to be cut away to allow the plate to slip over the axle and behind the flange. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

beast

i looked at blackbirds thats how i saw the difference in the 3 mounts. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifthanks again for the help.

Marv

can i have it???? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif seriously though thats what i needed. do you know what the width on the dodge rear end compared to the front end? just wandering if i was gonna need any wheel spacers. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

sub fan

i returned your pm

45ACP

thanks for clearing that up. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif i was hoping you would see this and answer.

JMS

i like those brackets. i dont have to worry about rocks, just vines and tree branches in the mud. It always amazes me how clean your shop is in the pics. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thanks again to everybody /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

69k5