Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60 Rebuild ?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by BurbLover, Dec 6, 2003.

1. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Jul 31, 2001
    I was looking at your holiday specials. The Outer rebuild kit for the D60 is $296. Never rebuilt an axle myself and not sure what all I need to rebuild it. If I am not going to touch the pumpkin, is this everything that I will need in one kit? Is there anything I might need in addition to this kit? Thanks.
  2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Sep 15, 2000
    This is everything you need to rebuild the outers. Stuff you may need that's not standard would be locking hub parts, kingpin cap/steering arm studs and/or nuts, wheel studs or lug nuts maybe, and brake parts. Otherwise, this covers everything. I guess if your spindle bearings are messed up you might need a new stubshaft, if it got chewed up too. All the things that aren't included are parts that are normally fine but can cause problems.

You may need a set of spindle nuts if you have the old "bend over the locking tab" style. We have the newer style pin and plate locknuts that are generally preferable to the older style.