Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60/Rockwell hybrid...anybody seen one?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by steelsoldiers, Oct 23, 2003.

1. steelsoldiers

steelsoldiers 1/2 ton status

One of the most frequent complaints I hear about the Rockwell deuce axles is that the center section sits way too high to work on a truck with less than 10" lift or somewhere around there. So...has anyone ever used a D60 center section and grafted it to a deuce axle? I have no clue if this would work and I am not thinking about doing it for anything I drive, but could it be done? Just thinking out loud here /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

well what are the other crossbreeds. I knwo of the 9" d60 outers.

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Well, there are Mog 9s for one. Basically a 9" with portal ends. But I don't think you would have much luck with a hybrid Rock due to the housing and knuckle design...

4. morphed86k10

morphed86k10 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    But I don't think you would have much luck with a hybrid Rock due to the housing and knuckle design...

[/ QUOTE ]

Uuh, yeah I'd have to agree. You talking about putting a D60 centersection in a housing that has a removeable third member and the housing is square tube out to the knuckles, so I doubt it would be simple either way you go. If you want ultimate "normal" style axles go the way Camo (From the PBB) did, 40 spline chromo axles in a D60 and CTM joints ought to do it for just about anything.