Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60 Showed Up!...sent the junk back (DARN IT!)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Storm Trooper, Mar 15, 2002.

1. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Well it looks like no one ton for EJS (Bumming out /forums/images/icons/frown.gif/forums/images/icons/mad.gif)
    My D60 showed up yesterday on a freight truck, I was so happy I felt like a kid in a huge candy store!
    We jumped up to check it out and unload it. It was to be in great shape, hub to hub, pulled apart, cleaned, inspected and painted for $1075 including shipping to my door from back east!
    Not a bad deal I thought.
    I had a gear man all set to install 5:13s, go through it completly, and put in a locker.
    I pick up my new TSL 15x38.5x16.5 tires today, beadlocks from Stephen on Sunday, SS brake lines etc.
    Anyway, we jump up and the D60 has no hubs, rotors, calipers, spring plates and the backing plates are rusted off the thing. It looked like a peice of junk!
    I called the company and the guy appoligized up and down and said he would not use that yard again and that it was to be complete hub to hub.
    His boss and him said they will find me another one asap and that it will be a good one.
    Now, I can wait for a really good one but it kinda sucks when you think you'll be done in time and it doesn't happen/forums/images/icons/frown.gif
    If this guy takes care of me, or not, I will let you guys know what happens. This could be a good source for D60's for you guys.
    Guess I'll just have to break the 10B's this Easter./forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Sorry, had to vent!

2. WhiteWhomper

WhiteWhomper 1/2 ton status

Oh well, you haven't snapped them 10 bolts yet. Knock on wood! See you at Easter.

3. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Throw a locked 14 in the rear and leave your front open and call it good for EJS that way if you break the front you can still get around. Me and Ken know that changing a rear 10 bolt shaft on Pritchet is not fun.

4. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Man that sucks.

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

that sucks /forums/images/icons/frown.gif hope they get you a good one soon /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. Storm Trooper

I thought of that and then said....Daah
    The 14B is a 4:10 and the 10B is a 3:08
    I'm changing all to 5:13 so it just doesn't seem worth it and
    kinda dumb. The worst thing is I just got back from Denver and have a nice new set of 16x38.5x16.5 TSL Swampers sitting in my garage that won't do me any good unless I can borrow or buy a realy cheap set of 16.5 - 6 lug rims before Moab. Still bumming. I hope to pick up my 8 lug Beadlocks on Sunday.
    <font color=blue>Anyone want to lend me some rims?????/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

7. Storm Trooper

Oh by the way,
    No you can't borrow my tires anyone/forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    And if I'm wheeling with you and break,
    just leave me. I'll fix it and work my way out.
    I'll make sure to bring a pillow and some beer just in case/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

8. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

i know what you mean. it is like a kid at christmas, your ready to play with your new toy. you get all juiced up for that new..... and either it doesnt come on time, when it gets there it is wrong broken or whatever, and then you just have to wait some more.
    chirs

9. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I know where there's a detroited 14B and a LS D60 with 4.56's that could be bolted in your truck in a matter of hours........ You'll pay a bit more but it will be good the first time!
    And it's conveniently located near your wheels, which did show up today and I'm not shooting tomorrow so you can pick them up either day this weekend. My play date at the range was moved to next weekend.
    4.56 axles have the right carriers for 5.13 gears too.......

Call at the shop tomorrow morning, we'll be there. You may have to leave a message.

10. Storm Trooper

Talk to you tomorrow!
    And the <font color=blue>BIG <font color=black>man saves the day. (The crowd roars...)/forums/images/icons/smile.gif.../forums/images/icons/cool.gif../forums/images/icons/blush.gif../forums/images/icons/wink.gif.../forums/images/icons/smile.gif.
    /forums/images/icons/cool.gif../forums/images/icons/smile.gif../forums/images/icons/crazy.gif../forums/images/icons/wink.gif../forums/images/icons/cool.gif../forums/images/icons/smile.gif../forums/images/icons/cool.gif
    See what you get for not dealing with the best to start with!
    You try to save a couple bucks and it only bites you.
    Looks like I might have a 14B for sale soon. 4:10 cheap.
    I guess these guys don't want to leave me on the trail./forums/images/icons/cool.gif