Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60 Spicer hubs...

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by SCJimmy, Nov 18, 2003.

1. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

Pair of hubs off of a CUCV D60.
    Both sets are complete, the plastic dials are a little boogered up. They both would engage before I removed them from the axle. Outer chrome of hub has some corrosion. They could be used as is, or would make good trail parts supply.

I will post up pics of them if someone wants to see.

$45 shipped to your door in the lower 48...

2. reeser

reeser 1/2 ton status

i'm very interested in the hubs is this for both the hubs??? are they functional??? thanks.

3. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

Yes, they are functional, but, they ain't "pretty"

When I got my D60/14Bff, the axles were rusty. I checked both hubs before I bought the axles, and the hubs would both engage. One was fairly difficult to turn, so I assumed the worse, and ordered a set of warn preminums. During the tear down process, I discovered that the "difficult" hub was missing the locking ring that goes on the end of the axle shaft, and retains the hub components up in the hub. The spring inside was pushing the internals up against the back of the hub dial, making it difficult to turn. The chrome outer "hub ring" had some pitted spots on it and one of the dials looked like someone had used pliers to turn it, so I went back with the warns.

Rusty Axles...

[​IMG]

The only thing you should need is a new locking ring, and possibly new o-rings for the covers.

Pics...
    [​IMG]

And...

[​IMG]

You can see the little "C" clip on the right in the top picture, there's only one, that's what is missing from one of the hubs.

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Put me second in line please.

Rene

5. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Put me 3rd in line. Definately interested. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif