Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60 SPINDLES?....... Anyone have a good source?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Greg72, Aug 6, 2002.

1. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

The one's on my D60 are kinda wasted, so I need either clean used ones, or NEW ones.

I can't imagine what they will charge for a new set of spindles....so I'm hoping somebody has a good source for these kind of items.

2. dogman

dogman 1/2 ton status

Greg:
    Check out the new ones at a good auto parts store.
    I bought a d44 spindle, sameday; price was cheaper than one I had bought used.

<font color="orange">dogman </font color>

3. Greg72

You mean like a Kragens?

I'll take a phone number of your good shop if you've got it.... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Greg, if you haven't discovered Winchester Auto yet, they're the best parts store I've found in the Valley. There's one on Hostetter and Capitol. Haven't had much experience with that location yet, but the one on Prospect and the old one in Willow Glen were both great, the few dealings that I've had with this new one have been good as well. Phone # is (408) 259-2500</font color>

5. dogman

dogman 1/2 ton status

Winchester auto is who I got it from, I try not to go to Kragens.
    To many trips to return the wrong parts..
    all I can say is call around.
    my d44 first one was 100 bucks at Wrecking yard, and 2nd one was 85 bucks at the parts store..
    go figure that one out...and I didn't even get kissed./forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

6. dogman

dogman 1/2 ton status

woooo man, thats what I was saying.
    Their store on Prospect is closed.

7. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Call Mark Boyce at www.boyceequipment.com . He is a good guy yo deal with. His new D60 spindles are $125 and he has the seals and bearings also.

Mike

8. Greg72

Winchester Auto couldn't help...they don't have spindles (just bearings, and small parts like that)

But Mark at Boyce had them. Unfortunately he only had "NEW" GM OEM ones for $160 ea. But the bonus was that he DID have the WARN 35-Spline Premium Hubs that are supposedly not available due to a nationwide backorder. So I got a set of those too. It's all in-stock and shipping today......sometimes you gotta pay the price when you're on a deadline!

The stuff might be here in time for the weekend!!!

Thanks for the leads guys!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

9. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> How much did he have the hubs for? </font color>

10. Greg72

You mean the ones to convert a duallie D60 to a single-wheel? The answer is "I Don't Know" but I know he has them.... (800)748-4269 and you can tell US!!!

11. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> No, sorry, I meant how much did they have the 35 spline lockouts for? </font color>

12. Greg72

Do you REALLY want to know........?

OK

Here goes.....

$300. ouch!

What can I do 15 days before Moab? I could rebuild with the 30-spline stuff and buy a set of hubs for that....(my originals are wasted and missing parts)...and then RE-BUY the 35-splines after Moab....and sell the 30-spline stub shafts and hubs to offset some of the expense....? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Kinda crazy, but I am trying to buy my way out of other project delays before Moab....the engine fiasco is a big enought worry right now!

13. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Holy crap, $300 for lockouts? /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif Um, I was on the phone with Drivetrain Direct this morning and the dude said that they had them in stock for $219, but maybe he was mistaken about them being in stock...</font color>

14. Greg72

Yeah the 35-splines are pricier than 30's and the "Premiums" are even MORE $$$.

So as long as you're sure you were quoted for the exact same kind/style/model.....then you can tell me, and I can feel bad. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Actually one other thing to keep in mind. The original 35-spline versions for a rear-axle application that was then used for the 35-spline front when it was created. The giveaway is that there is an extra lockscrew for the hubs designed for the rear-axle application.

The one's I ordered are specific to the front D60 application. I'm not sure if there are downsides to the older rear-axle style when used up front, but that may be an additional thing to keep in mind too.

The two part numbers I was told to look for were:

Warn #62672

(or)

Warn #38786

15. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I dunno exactly which ones these were, but the guy said that they were the new style, so I assume they were the ones that don't have the lockscrew.

OK, I just called them. The ones they have are part #38786 and are in stock at $220.</font color>

16. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Hey Greg If you break a 30 spline stub in Moab or break a hub I will have about 4 to 5 extra stubs and one set of 30 spline lockouts. I will also have 2 extra 35 spline inners. So no worries man. The reason I have all this is I now run 35 spline inner and outer. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif