Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60 spring plate Question *FIXED*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by perp, Dec 3, 2005.

1. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

I am in the middle of my 52" front swap and i am using new spring plates from Blue torch Fab (D60). my question is about the pumpkin side spring plate. after putting my new plate on it looks twisted. seems to be clockwise from normal by a little bit (maybe 10 or 12 degrees) when looked straight down on. both the bolts and ubolt went right in, and everything sits flat. it just looks twisted both from above and when you look at the distance between the edge of the housing boos and the side of the leaf spring. i am not sure how this is possible unless the machined bolt holes are not in alignment. it got dark before i could take it back apart and try it the other way (upside down). has anyone else run into this issue?

dana60Fplates.jpg

Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
  2. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

here is an installed picture from above. Any ideas?

Blazer.jpg

3. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

also, anyone know how to resize these pics so i don't post like this anymore?

4. dave_90_blazer

dave_90_blazer 1/2 ton status

did you try flipping it over?

5. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

It does look a bit twisted. The size is OK with this one. I usually resize on my computer before uploading to CK5.

6. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

I am going to try flipping it after the football games today, If that fixes it do you guys think it is worth the effort to weld up the hole i drilled for the pin (and the center hole too) for strenght issues. i had to drill due to ORD zero rates. thanks

Last edited: Dec 4, 2005
  7. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

I finally got around to working on the truck and i fixed my spring plate problem. most of what i read about the 52" swap up front said the springs had the pin centered in them. so i took it for granted that this was always true and put my springs on so the super lift ID # ( painted in white) was at the same end on each side. both springs had the white painted letters nearer the front of the truck. as it turns out the pins are 26 inches from one end and 25" from the other:eek1: . and as you can guess i had one installed opposite of the other so the axle was 1" farther forward on the drivers side vs. the pass. side. this was more than enough to cock the plate as the previous pic shows:doah: . I turned around one and now everything is perfect. I am guessing the difference is because they are lift springs instead of rear stockers.