Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

d60 spring plate

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mccomas, Dec 16, 2003.

1. mccomas

mccomas 1/2 ton status

i laid out my d60 items for my weekend install and i realize that i have two passenger side spring plates #$%&$$*&@#!!! can someone tell me where to get a drivers side d60 spring plate with u-bolts - i am in a bit of a hurry on this. i wanted to start the install this weekend. i am posting this in the wanted and garage section. please do not recommend Echobit - nice guys but way too slow.

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

get it from JKW , VERY beefy plates and very quick turnaround on them as well. pic....

[​IMG]

cheaper than factory plates, optional anti-sway bar attachment point, and they do custom plates as well if you want to relocate your axle (like i did) etc etc.

as far as ubolts go, check yahoo yellow pages in your area, search for "spring" and find a spring shop. I just did this and found a great shop in portland that makes em for $8 each and they can make a set in under 10 minutes. fast enough for ya? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

3. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

I'm pretty sure a driver side spring plate from a GM 10 bolt axle will work, because I think the axle tube OD is the same. U-bolts on drivers side works too.

4. mccomas

mccomas 1/2 ton status

i just assumed that the axel tube was larger on the d60 - i will measure it in the morning. anyone what to ring in? is the 10 bolt tube the same diameter as the d60?

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

no, 10 bolt plates do not work on a d60. contact jkw and all your problems will be solved.

j

6. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

Off the top of my head I think the 10b is 3" and the D60 is 3.125" (3 1/8"). You might be able to make it work, but you will likely have to squeeze the u-bolts to make it in the holes. Do you need the sway bar mounts? If not I might be able to help you out fairly cheap.

7. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

contact TonyP, OR willyswanter on here I think they both make them

8. 96chevysfa

96chevysfa 1/2 ton status

i just bought a whole set from tonyp, and will have the stock spring plates for sale soon if u want to buy them.