Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60 srw to drw setup

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big_truxx, Dec 29, 2004.

1. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

anyone ever converted a srw D60 to a drw setup?

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

All you should need are the dually bearing hubs and bolts to attach the rotor. You might need new rotors since the stud holes in the rotor are smaller on a DRW axle.

I converted mine from SRW to DRW but the bearing hubs I got had good rotors on them so I didn't have to deal with the stud hole issue.

3. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

cool so it would appear to be simple and not "too" expensive to do. when i learned that premier or performance whatever wheel page i went to had given me a quote of $165 per 4" spacer for an 8 lug, i was like yeah :surepal: for a little more after buying them spacers and the shipping and all... yeah a D60 is right there close anyway. but in the event of me ending up with a srw version, i wanted to know the extent of pain i would be in for to get it to the drw specs. since i dislike having the D44 front under my dually forever :haha: for a while is ok but it must go some day when i get the d60 :)

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

drw rotors

if you need a set and cant find here there is a set on ebay now under dana 60 parts

5. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i converted a SRW d60f to a DRW set up i bought a set of hubs from highonda over on pirate. he is good to deal w/ & most important has good prices:D . i used my srw brake rotors & didn't have to modify them. no problems to date.

6. reeser

reeser 1/2 ton status

you can find people who want to swap parts all the time!!!

my friend alan is looking for some SRW hubs and junk in trade for his DRW he is "mountainexplorer" on here.

7. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

I Will Swap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

How soon you looking to do this? I have a DRW that I may swap to SRW depending on what wheels an axle width I decide to go with...

9. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

I got a set to swap also.

Eric M.

10. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

Just a disclaimer so People do not get further misled. I had started this post a while ago after learning the cost of adding spacers to my d44 8 lug front that is currently on my 84. A d60 is just a few bucks more than the spacers would cost. I had the ? of how easy it would be to swap over to a drw setup in the event I got a great deal on a d60 and it turned out to be a srw setup. I do not have a d60 currently. :( And it will be a good while till I can afford one. :(:(

11. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Be patient Danielson.... A good deal will come around! :thumb:

12. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

Oh I am patient alright :grin: I just didn't want people to get mad at me since they all seem to think I had a srw d60 and wanted to swap to a drw setup. :) I will be patient and find a nice d60 for the right price and see if I get a drw or a srw setup. But that will come at a much later time when I have the $$ Being broke, going through a divorce, and planning on building a house and garage this fall kinda put that type of thing on the back burner for a good while. Especially when the d44 8lug is under the truck now and will be no prob until I have the spare cash to put into it. It's not like I have a 20" lift and 49" IROK's under it and need the strength. I still have to get the brakes fixed and a tuneup done before it will even see the road. So... a d60 falls further down the priority list. :dunno: It will get done one of these days when the time's right. I also want to get a burb to work on for a family type vehicle (planning ahead for the future). So may end up w/o a d60 for a long time :grin: Is all good though. One day I would like to get a d60 & 400/205 combo plus misc parts to put in my dd (82 specs listed in sig) so that also can be 4x4. But once again back seat to everything. :haha: Most important thing is the garage so I can have a place to work on things. Being single soon I could even live in that till I get the house built :haha: So now that I'm far off topic and semi jacking my own thread. I do not have a d60 sorry guys. :( I really wish I did.

13. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

ASAP tired of broken parts