Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

d60 steering correction

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dan johnson, Apr 18, 2007.

1. dan johnson

dan johnson Registered Member

i have a 85k5 that has 8" of suspension lift i just swapped is a d60 front just wondering what i should have for steering correction? i already have that drop arm that mounts to the steering box. also is crossover steering worth it its pretty expensive isnt it? thanx dan

2. mechted

mechted 1 ton status Premium Member

at 8" of lift i think you really dont have any other options than crossover.

A drop pitman arm + a drop draglink + a raised steering block could probably net you the 8"s but you'd have to spend at least half the money to go crossover and still have the push-pull steering... i think you need to bite the bullet on this one and pay to do it the right way

3. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

If you only drive this on the street, then maybe you can get by without crossover steering.

If you plan on doing any kind of offroading, the stock type steering setup will dissapoint you.

I only had a 4" lift and the stock steering setup was pretty much unusable for me. Flex is pretty important in the rocks though.

4. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

I agree, if you don't wheel it then you can prolly get by without crossover. If you wheel it you will def want crossover. I did a bad thing by letting you know I have some parts you may be interested in and posting that info here. I have been policed so now I gotta reconcile. I've heard of people using dodge arms to gain some hieght. My current set up with a 3" block and 2" drop drag link and chevy steering arm are below.

[​IMG]

The drop draglink from the side with the 1/2 ton axles.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  5. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186304:thinking:

6. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Crossover Would be the thing to do for safty if anything else.