Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60 stub shaft - V-seal part number?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Shaggy, Nov 15, 2002.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Anybody know the part number for the V-seal that goes inside the deflector plate? It's the seal that slides onto the stub shaft and seals against the backside of the spindle. Looking for a parts store number if possible, not the GM number, unless it's a GM only part... </font color>

2. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

You got mail. Not sure if it'll help you out, but thought I'd send it just in case! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Thanks guys. The spicer number worked, $20 from the local auto parts store. Just to record the info for people that may search for it in the future, the GM part number for just the seal is 462811, and it's about $10. </font color>

5. Charly

Charly Registered Member

I don't have the PN handy, but I got spindle bearing kits from my local Carquest for $11, this included all three pieces (seals and plastic washer/spacer) and adecent quality spindle bearing.

6. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

I see you've already bought the part you needed, but The whole kit including spindle bearing, seal, and plastic spacer is Federal Mogul Part # SBK-3. This kit for D44s is SBK-1.

Will

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Steph, that email was great! Thanks alot! </font color>