Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60 u bolts revisited

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Feb 12, 2004.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

The search function is growing increasingly worthless on this site, unfortunately.

I've searched and not found this information.

I ordered my u bolt for the passenger side the other day, 9/16 x 4 x 9. I'm going to be using a zero rate and I'm now thinking that I'm going to need a longer one with my heavy duty Superlift springs. Is this true? (unfortunately the person I talked to at ORD when I ordered my bushings and zero rates didn't have this information available) The superlift kit includes a 10" long U bolt. I wanted 10 but the one I got from my work ended up 9" long and can't be returned.

I was told that the driver's side is the same size as the 10 bolt u bolts and I'm thinking that info was wrong, too. Superlift's kit includes two 3 1/4" ID u bolts for the drivers side. IIRC, all of the 10 bolt front u bolts are 3" in diameter except the one that goes around the pumpkin. It's appearing that my current bolts will not work.

Is this information accurate? Unfortunately its too late for me to order more U bolts by the weekend, which is likely not going to matter as my bushings and hardware aren't going to be here by tomorrow anyway.

So, the main question. Are the driver's side u bolts 3 1/4 or 3????

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The u-bolts (all 3 of them) should be 3.25" ID. The tube is something like 3.125"

3. j20m715

j20m715 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The u-bolts (all 3 of them) should be 3.25" ID. The tube is something like 3.125"

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know the measurement off-hand, but the driver side (2) u-bolts are smaller than the pass side one.

4. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Just measured the ones I got off the D60 in our crewcab, 3.25" inside.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Just measured the ones I got off the D60 in our crewcab, 3.25" inside.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch, and thanks. That pisses me off, now I gotta buy two more u bolts when the ones on my truck are brand new.

Any comments on the 9" length on the passenger side? Is it going to be enough with the zero rate, or will I need more?

6. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

on my ford 60, I used 10" ubolts I have 1"zero rate, 6"tc spings and a 1" spring plate on top. I could have gotten by with 9" ubolts

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    on my ford 60, I used 10" ubolts I have 1"zero rate, 6"tc spings and a 1" spring plate on top. I could have gotten by with 9" ubolts

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. That is very good, encouraging information.

8. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

A D60 sits about 3/4" to 1" higher than a 10B or D44. Are you using the z-rate for lift or to move the axle? If you run the z-rate you will need more than 9" (I just measured mine, 9" at the top of the plate with no z-rate).

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'm using it for axle relocation. I really hope that the u bolt I bought will work. If it doesn't, oh well, only $8.