Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60?? What do I need??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mkmiller, May 10, 2004.

1. mkmiller

mkmiller 1/2 ton status

New to the front D60 so I have a question. Ran upon a deal on this dual wheel full-time model, what will I need to convert it to single wheel and part-time model? Any Idea on how much $$$$? It's out of a '77 model.
    Any info is appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif
    Matthew

2. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

About $500 if you get new parts. $180x2 for wheel bearing hubs (non dually) and about $200 for locking hubs. (plus bearings and seals)

3. mkmiller

mkmiller 1/2 ton status

Not quite as bad as I had figured, thanks for the reply. Anyone ever have any luck finding this stuff used?

4. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

I have a similar axle, from a '78 W200 SRW, that will be going in my truck. These axles have stupid external drive flanges, and only Milemarker's Selectro hubs are available for this axle. However, you can convert to GM outers, so you have a wider variety of hubs to buy, and also so the hubs dont stick out quite as much. The only drawback here is that used SRW GM hub bodies are almost nonexistent, and new they are expensive ($180 each i think).
    Since money is a factor for me, I am just going to get the Selectro hubs and hope I don't smack them on any rocks or trees.

5. mkmiller

mkmiller 1/2 ton status

THANKS for savin' me some footwork, atho! I really hate to put a lot into the axle and have debated just leavin it fulltime as it will mostly be used for trail ridin' and muddin'. that would just leave putting new bearings and seals and what-not into it.
    Matthew

6. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Douglas Brown
    Extreme Axle Service
    CONTACT ME FOR YOUR DANA 60
    COMPLETE AXLES & PARTS
    Highonda@optonline.net

This guy on Pirate sells D60 stuff. He might have the used parts of which you speak /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif