Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

d60 Xover steering and stock suspension?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by new2k5, Feb 6, 2003.

1. new2k5

new2k5 1/2 ton status

can i run ord's cross over steering on a d 60 with stock suspension? i have all the parts to do it and i am picking my axels up soon. i would like to wheel it with stock supension maybe zero rates F&R and the 33 12.5 16.5's i have sittin around for awhile to see how big i really need to go. i hate overkill suspensions and huge tires that dont get used. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I wouldnt think so. I have a 6" lift with ORD's drop tube and it still hits the stock crossmember when I get it flexed up. Maybe there is another way to make it work though.

3. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

I have a crossover set up with a 2 1/2" lift. Any less than that and I think you'll have to cut or modify the engine cross member ... might be too tight all together. I'll take a look at my stock D60 set up next to the crossover and compare. I know it won't work with the front Zero Rates. The draglink will hit the springs. You really shouldn't need crossover with a stock set up. What do you have for a crossover draglink? They are usually bent for a certin lift.

Eric M.

4. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

At stock height, you dont really need crossover. I never really had a problem with steering at stock height, its just after you go above 2" lift you run into steering problems. Just my 2 cents.

Dan /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

5. new2k5

new2k5 1/2 ton status

i got a good deal from wayne on the whole package. he has a 4" lift so i am assumeing it was bent for his lift. i dont have problems steering now but figured if i had it layin around might as well put it on, ya know. i guess i'll hold off till i lift. plus since you cant use a swaybar with it and i'm due for inspection........ thanks for the input