Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

ok this is 2 part Question i have a dana 60 out of a 68 chevy came stock on it will this work in a 74 blazer? and the second part is car you change the yokes on the 205 transfer case fora 3/4 ton one?

Bandit
    (Your right i dont understand the jeepthing)

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

If the D60 from the 68 was bolted to leaf springs, no, it will not bolt up in place of the 74. The spring perches are further in board than the 74, by maybe an inch or inch and half. Relocating the perches would make this rear work.
    Yes, the NP 205 yokes can be swapped for the 3/4 ton version providing they have the right spline count. Keep in mind, the rear output yoke on the 3/4 and 1 tons are the same size...a 1350 series yoke. The front yokes have a few different variations on them. There is a clickable about the NP 205 info on the offroaddesign.com site. Check them out about the full details containing the NP 205.

3. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

ah thanks for the info k30guy i had heard that the older trucks spring pads where set closer went ot mesure it all tonight but forgot the blazer was in town at the shop with the tranny half pulled (it blew today) andd thanks for the info on the 205

Bandit

4. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

That's odd. The D60 never came out for Chevys until 77'. You sure its a 60? Not only that, to be honest, I don't think a D60 perches can be moved. The one on the driver side can, but not the passenger side. That's part of the pumpkin.
    Boss

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.boss.coloradok5.com>http://www.boss.coloradok5.com</A>

5. thatK30guy

When he said the year of 68, I assumed he was talking about the rearend. I could be wrong. If it is the front end he is talking about, then YES, the D60 front was started in 1977.

6. extremeblazer

extremeblazer 1/2 ton status

I knew 72 and older 3/4 tons used dana 60 rears but what did one tons use before 1977 if the dana 60 front was first used that year?

7. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

K30dude,

You're right man. It was early when I read that. Sorry. I needed to get my head out my lower bottom [​IMG] Thanks for the clarification.
    Boss

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.boss.coloradok5.com>http://www.boss.coloradok5.com</A>

8. thatK30guy

The only one tons available BEFORE 1977, were 2wd. GM started the 4wd K30 in 77 with the ever so popular D60 front. Most of the 77 K30's were in "Big Dooley" configuration.

9. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

ok wait i swear it is a dana 60 under my 68 in less what other dana front ends did they have then?? im going ot try and get a picture of the front end tommorow

Bandit

10. thatK30guy

If you swear its a D60 under the front, then I would have to say someone else made a swap into that truck. ALL of those years of GM trucks had D44's mounted under them. But there were a few different configurations. Closed knuckles, drum brakes, open knuckles, disc brakes, etc.

11. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

ah then it must be a d44 with closed knuckles didnt know d44 came with thoso thank you for your info i feal a little stupid know but hay thats the only way ill learn (i bought the truck form the origianl owner my old high school =-) so i knew theres been no changes)

Bandit

12. thatK30guy

No, don't say you feel stupid. It's the only way to learn without seeing pictures. That's what makes this site so interesting. Everybody tries their hardest to help others out in the best possible way they can.