Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1987Blazer, Jan 21, 2007.

1. 1987Blazer

1987Blazer 1/2 ton status

This is probably a stupid question. Is there a seal or something that goes in the end of the axle tube nearest the tire?? What keeps water and dirt out of the axle tube??

Also do I need to run the Oil deftector on the outer stubs??

2. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

there is nothing stock to keep water and mud out of the tube, right before the diff there is a seal to keep the diff clean, but there are some aftermarket one made to do what your asking about

3. Jimbo*

Jimbo* 1/2 ton status

Yes, you do need to run the deflector on the outer stubs.
    Jimbo

4. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Like 79 said, the inner seal does that... and also like he said, you can buy a set of the outer seals, which are an aftermarket option. I like to play in the mud & water a bit, so I went ahead and ordered a set recently. I bought mine from http://www.mad4wd.com . They have a shot of them on the main page, at the bottom. I figured it's just one more ounce of prevention so to me it was worth it. I'm sure not everyone see's it that way. But if I can make my inners eal survive that much longer, so much the better. It's most just a prefference thing.