Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60's

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazen91, Jun 26, 2001.

1. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

D60\'s

I found a guy up here in the desert has D60's from millitary trucks. He only has two right now, but says he will be getting more. They come with 4.56 gears. He wants $1000 for a used one or $1200 for a rebuilt. I know these are not great prices, but they are lot better than the $5600 quote I got from an axle place. If you are interested, send me a private and I will give you his number. If you buy it and are not in the area, I can go get it for you and store it here at the house till you can come get it.

<font color=red>Land use issues are the heart of our sport.
    Get involved or lose the sport.</font color=red>

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Re: D60\'s

Oh crud.... where where where!!!??? Is this close to me? If so I might be wanting it. Only reason I haven't gone thise route is the cost to ship it and the whole isntall thing, but since you were willing to help me with the other axles... he he.... I can dream can't I? [​IMG]

"Suck Fumes Ford Boy"
    "I love my country, I fear my government"
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</A><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by ChevyCaGal on 06/26/01 00:08 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

3. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

I'll still help you. If you want to get one, you can send me the money, but I would prefer if you deal with him and I will just go get it.

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I really wanted to get the axles from Matt before Hollister but I think that is impossible now. Does he not check his email often? He doesn't reply back to me too quick... he's got a heck of a deal going, but I really need to know when as to plan budget wise for it.... I do like the ones he's selling. For my use they'll work fine... plus they weigh less and have all the toys with them! So anyhow... let me know if you heard from him.... if not and i can't figure out what he is doing then I will think about a Dana 60....

"Suck Fumes Ford Boy"
    "I love my country, I fear my government"
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</A>

5. not4show

not4show 1/2 ton status

Who the heck sales a Dana 60 for $5600?! (Exect maybe Dynatrac) I know these axles are sought after, but that's up there.

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Who the heck sales a Dana 60 for $5600?!

<hr></blockquote>

You have to ask? Why, its everybody's favorite axle dealer.......Boyce Equipment!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

<font color=red>I m so we Todd did.
    I m sofa king we Todd did.</font color=red>

7. not4show

not4show 1/2 ton status

Boyce must have recently jumped up the price. I had no idea they went for that much now.

8. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

I just found 87 jimmy with front and back d60's 35" tires and 6" lift for 5600. Will be caling about it tomorow.

9. Ryeguy

Ryeguy 1/2 ton status

Pro'ly worth it with those gears. D60's sell for 'round $850US up here (in Canada) but with 4.10's or worse gears.

--Rob

10. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

You got it, Dynatrac. That was the quote I got for a D60, Detroit, 4'56's, and a 1350 yolk. Can you say rappage??

Any way, sorry for the delay. The number of the guy who has them in 760-244-8060. As i said before, anyone who buys one, but can not pick it up right now, contact me and I will go get it and store it for you.

11. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Just to set the record straight, 5,600. is from Dynatrac, I think Boyce would be around 2,200 for 4.56 open, still expensive but far from 5,600.

Steve

Bandwidth FREE ZONE

Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers