Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Da neighbor kids

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tRustyK5, Jun 24, 2003.

1. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

What is up with some people?? There is a group of 14 and 15 year olds kind of kitty corner behind our place here. My wife called me outside and said "Listen to this"...

I listened for a few seconds and said "Sweet Home alabama...so what?". She then says listen a little longer and I realize it's being played live. Then she tells me its a bunch of kids 14 and 15 playing.

Personally I think they sound pretty good, and apparently they never play late at night or anything. Their neighbors are starting a petition to stop them from practicing...

I guess they'd rather have these kids selling crack or breaking into their homes than listen to them have a little fun after dinner.../forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

What is up with people now-a-days???/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif It's not like this is an upscale hoity-toity neighborhood either...

Rene

2. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

If I've learned one thing in my 20 years on a cul-de-sac it's that neighbors suck. I'm no saint, either *cough*open headers*cough* /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    But yikes, is what the kids doing even illegal? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Heck, if they are playing that type of music, grab and beer and go spectate /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Apparently they want the kids on street corners selling crack /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. tRustyK5

I'm sure there is a bylaw but it would be normally used in very extenuating circumstances. Normal noise ordinances don't go into effect until after 11 pm here.

At least they were doing something kind of constructive...and I can't fault them for their taste in music either. They do sound pretty good.../forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

If they were next door I'd glady go over with a cold one and spectate...as long as you don't keep me from my beauty sleep I don't care. Open headers are fine too.../forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

There was a group of losers who sucessfully petioned against a group of 11 year olds playing street hockey in a cul-de-sac not that far from here last year. Same question...what is the matter with these people???

Let the kids play, music, hockey, whatever...let them be constructive and everyone will be happier for it. Try and prevent kids from doing anything fun or slightly noisy and that's when the trouble begins. Ever try and get your kid to sit still and be quiet anywhere? It's an exercise in futility...because they're kids. So, let them be kids!

Rene

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    There was a group of losers who sucessfully petioned against a group of 11 year olds playing street hockey in a cul-de-sac not that far from here last year. Same question...what is the matter with these people???

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that a treasonous act in Canada? Or the fact that they weren't playing on ice?

7. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

id go have a talk with the neighbors and ask them why they don't want the kids doing that and then ask what would you rather them be doing?

8. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

You should talk to "LandSmasher" I believe he lives on 2+ acres and has a band. Seems to get a visit from the police about everyday /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am still so friggin pissed from the first time I read this..... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Anything creative or athletic we can get kids involved in should be pursued - not discouraged.

And it is not a huge bother early in the day!!

It is good to see that Canada is joining the US in becoming a bunch of mindless spineless fawking conformists!!!!

10. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Funny to see this. A week ago on the news down here in so-cal there was a little 7 year girl selling lemonade in her driveway and the neighbors complained saying it caused too much traffic. They made her stop because she didn't have a permit.

So her mother takes her downtown to get the permit, but it's $35 a day. After hearing what she wanted to do and why they needed the permit, they gave her one good for a year. I imagine the neighbors that complained felt pretty stupid. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. tRustyK5

That's as close to a hangin offense as it gets here. It made the major papers and the kids were allowed to play again/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Just shows how narrow minded and stupid some people can be I guess. They're so self centered and narrow minded that they can't see the forest for the trees.

We had a local 1/4 mile oval shut down because of people like that. It was a cool asphalt oval and they used to have regular races there on Saturday nights in the summer. It was way out in the boonies...till a bunch of yuppie fawktards started buying up land and building near the track. Then they complained about the noise until the track was shut down. I guess the fact that the track had been there since 1955 wasn't enough to clue them in that it'd be a little boisterous once a week during the summer.

Rene

12. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

That is so lame. I swear some people have nothing better to do than to think of ways to f-up everyone else's good time /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'd much rather have my neighbor kids doing something positive like playing music and exercising their creativity than stealing stuff out of my yard and tormenting my dogs /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

13. tRustyK5

I agree Dave, that's why I posted this...I was/am pissed off at how stupid some people are. I also think kids should be encouraged to do things that are creative, athletic, or even just plain old fun. People need to lighten up!

I may just start a petiton of my own...my petition would read something like this.

"I, the undersigned, would prefer that the kids currently playing loud music at a reasonable time of the day should instead sell crack in front of my house and steal or vandalize all my property. I certainly don't want to encourage any creativity or allow these monsters an outlet for all their youthful energy...I'd prefer them to be bored enough to begin acting like criminals"

Signed...dumb-ass neighbor

Rene

14. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

But that makes WAAAY too much sense!

15. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    I agree Dave, that's why I posted this...I was/am pissed off at how stupid some people are. I also think kids should be encouraged to do things that are creative, athletic, or even just plain old fun. People need to lighten up!

I may just start a petiton of my own...my petition would read something like this.

"I, the undersigned, would prefer that the kids currently playing loud music at a reasonable time of the day should instead sell crack in front of my house and steal or vandalize all my property. I certainly don't want to encourage any creativity or allow these monsters an outlet for all their youthful energy...I'd prefer them to be bored enough to begin acting like criminals"

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]
    that is good i like it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You should talk to "LandSmasher" I believe he lives on 2+ acres and has a band. Seems to get a visit from the police about everyday

[/ QUOTE ]

We had our final visit from the POlice last week. They told us that on the next visit we would all go to jail and our instruments confiscated for eveidence. There were only two neighbors out of the 3000 that surround us who complained. By the way, we are on 63 acres. We were practicing in the middle of it.

Just for kicks, I had the band play a bit while the earth movers were working behind us where they are going to put 714 more homes. I could not hear them over the earth movers.

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

The same two residents are now complaining about kids riding motorcycles in the hills around here. So the cops have bought two dirt bikes to the tune of $60k and spent another $10k on riding lessons. Now they can chase the kids down and give them tickets or arrest them.

Can you imagine spending $60k on two dirt bikes? And another $10k on riding lessons? Somebody made a killing on this one..... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Print up a bunch of those as fliers, and put them up on tree's, lightpoles, ...ect. all over the nieghborhood. Also on everyone's car (Under windshild wiper) . Might be fun too put them up around 3am. Local police catches you might even help you put them up after reading one.

18. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

that's shitty somebody needs to B!tch slap those people for complaining about that I hope they get there little petition shoved right up there a$$ you should start a petition in SUPPORT of those kids

19. tRustyK5

They should have spent the $70K on a sensory deprivation room for the 2 neighbors. No sound, no light, no smells, nothing allowed that could possibly offend or disturb them.

I have to ask though, first of all is there a valid bylaw (no matter how stupid) that you are 'violating' by playing music? Secondly, would media exposure help any of this? Maybe if people knew more about how ridiculous all of this was it might help? I know if I am ever fortunate enough to find myself living on 63 acres that I'm going to enjoy it...this might be loud music, my own personal rock garden (for the truck of course...)

Rene

20. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I think you should raise some hell on this subject contact the local paper/radio/tv station and explain that these kids are being persucuted for there music and that they aint hurtin' a damn thing . It will make those Asshat neighbors wish they had never spoken up