Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'DaBitch' is leaving sunny CA soon...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CA_TIM, Jun 28, 2001.

1. CA_TIM

CA_TIM Registered Member

\'DaBitch\' is leaving sunny CA soon...

... and is heading to Germany.
    This '73 K5 beauty found a new home in Germany. I hope it will fit in the garage since it is huge with its 7"lift and 35" BFG AT's...
    It will be definaltey an eye catcher over there.
    But it still needs a new clutch, the transmission needs to be fixed (3rd gear pops out) and a new paint job (planned for the winter) needs to be done after removing the all the small rost spots.
    Means I still will have to spend a lot of money and time to do all this.
    If anybody have left over or know where to get a cheap deal on:
    a manual tranny SM465 or better that will fit it,
    a HD clutch,
    or some other parts that you could hand over to me to help me keeping it alive over there...
    I also plan to do a spray-on or roll-on lining inside but I do not know if there is any product on the market in red color to do so.
    Everything helpful is very much appreciated.
    I got already pieces like a hardtop, Spare wheel and gas can carrier, etc. from all over the US to ship with it.
    It will be a big struggle with the authorities to get it on ths street legally and after that I have to deal with real high gas prices (1 liter is now $1.00 means the gallon sells for about 4 bucks). :)
    But I fell in love with this truck immediately when I came here and I think I got a very good piece of metal out of the deal.
    Sorry to take away such a good piece of american steel from you guys but I will take good care of it overseas to represent the K5 community in Germany.
    I think there are almost no full convertible K5 in Germany yet. The only Balzer's on german soil are the ex US Army K5's.
    Any suggestions, help or comment on this issue is very much appreciated.

Pics are available in 'Readers Rides'...

Thank you for the help I got out of this site. I will stay in contact from time to time with you guys since this site is very, very helpful. Keep it running and always keep the third eye open... ;)
    Hopefully I will find a place overseas to give 'DaBitch' her workout ... since the environmantalists are very restrictive in Germany... or may be I should build up and open my own trail.
    :)<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by CA_TIM on 07/03/01 11:51 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Re: \'DaBitch\' is leaving sunny CA soon...

Pm 'elkboy' he just did his in a red liner he has pics too. It came out real nice. Hey and that tranny that I told you I was getting, the guy ended up keeping it, sorry. Good luck in Germany! And if ya dont mind me asking, why you going?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by 90blzr on 06/28/01 12:40 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

3. CA_TIM

CA_TIM Registered Member

What kind of red liner he use, how much do I need for the whole thing inside (bed, driver and passengerside, front and back) and where can I buy it?

4. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Do a search on the post" Finally it drives, pics of 39.5's " and you will get all the info you need. Lt me know if you cant find it.

5. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

The post was on 6/08/01. Did you find it?

6. CA_TIM

CA_TIM Registered Member

yes, thanx...
    I just read it all...
    It seems he used herculiner (www.herculiner.com).

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by CA_TIM on 06/28/01 12:58 PM (server time).</FONT></P>