Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

**daily driver**203 T-Case rebuild help 73 blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 2High4U, Nov 2, 2005.

1. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

my transfer case is a crappy 203 its also my daily driver im working on finishing up the motor and dropping it in in a week or so when i put it in 4wd it clunked going forward and reverse so i thought it was the hubs tore them apart and everthing seemed to be fine anyone think they know what the problem may be its only in 4wd when i replaced the tranny the u joints seemed to be fine if anyone knows where i can get a cheap rebuild kit and information on how to do it it would be greatly appreciated cant ride my bike too much longer its getting cold and gonna snow soon thanks

i think its inside the front of the tcase
    cant wait until summer hopfully i can get another ride so i can put a 205 in it and maybe a sm465

Last edited: Nov 2, 2005
  2. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

anyone?

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Sounds like your chain in the back of the tcase is all stretched out and the clunking sound you are hearing is the slack being taken up when you hit the gas to move.

4. poinzey

poinzey 1/2 ton status

Try Northwestfab, he's a member here. I got my 205 rebuild kit and sye from him. Excellent service and more than helpful if you have any problems/questions.
    Tony