Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

daily driver help coolant leak

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bad_bo_ti, Oct 20, 2004.

1. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

my 92 geo storm has had a slow coolant leak for awhile, while i had it fired up today i notice a considerable amount of water comming out the exhaust, i would rev it up and it would spatter all over the driveway, there is also a lite appearance of white smoke. the oil is not cloudy/gray like water it leaking in there. could i have small head gasket or head leakand its not getting in the block? please help i dont need my 32+ mpg vehicle blowing up. thanks, chris

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

If it dose it after you have driven it for more than 10-15 miles i would worry, If that was seen on first start up of ythe day, more than likley it was condensation in the exaust and it goes away pretty fast. Anothe way to check is water in the oil and vice versa, but more than likley it was just condensation in your exaust

3. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

try calling aoms local autoparts places or go to a local mechanic and have them block check it for you. it takes like 5 minutes. all they have to do is suck some air out off your radiator threw some type of fluid and if it changes colors then odds are you have a head gasket leak. or take it someware and get it pressure tested.