Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Daily driver needs help

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by sickquad, Jan 23, 2004.

1. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

So, my girlfriend has a 92 Taurus with problems and I need some ideas.

A couple of times she has started it and it started right up but there was no power to anything else, lights, dash, heat etc... So she turns it off and starts it up again and its fine, everything has power.

A couple of times it has started fine and then died once she shifted from reverse to drive when backing out of the driveway. Then she starts it up and it is fine.

This morning the same thing, it starts fine but no power to anything but the motor. She shuts it down trys to start it again and everything has power but it won't start. Plenty of juice, the battery is not low. No clicking sound when she trys to start it. It's as if the starter is dead now, not doing a damn thing. I'm not sure how to test the starter, need to buy a repair manual in the morning. Any ideas anyone? I don't even know where to begin on this. I would appreciate any help.

-Chris

2. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Sounds like it may be in the ignition switch..

John

3. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

Ford had a recall on Ignition switches. Electrical not key.
    Ck with alldata enter enthusiast area. Use your vin and all sorts of problem for your car. It will list all recalls.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Sounds like it may be a Furd. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

sounds like an ignition switch.. i had a newer style mustang not too long ago with the same problem.. ended up being the ignition switch and the slides that transfer the motion from the cylinder to the switch being dry and binding up in the runs on top of the column..

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i have to agree with it sounding like it may be a fird

we have a fuhrd taurus wagon about same year maybe hair newer in the garage and the freaking exhaust pipe manifold stuf flanges rotted real bad and studs all frozen bad, had to replace it all cuz seal was leaking

those are different

good luck