Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

daily driver or not

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazing86, Sep 20, 2002.

1. blazing86

blazing86 1/2 ton status

I have come to a very hard question. Should i keep my truck as a street leagal truck or not. Im buying a 2500 chevy truck soon and a trailor. I love my truck alot and drving it, but i care how it looks too. When i was a tellico, my driver's side took alot of body dammage, and its not worth fixing if im goignt o wheel it. So, should i keep it street leagal and still wheel it, or should i start turning it into a trail rig? thanks for the input

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Trail rigs rule... Since you have a tow rig, I don't understand why you wouldn't want to go full blown with the Blazer now... /forums/images/icons/confused.gif </font color>

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Mine has gotten to the point that if I go out of town, it goes on the trailor. I still like to drive it to work a few times a week though, and get milk of course. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

I don't know...There is kind of a "Cool Factor" To drive 8 or 9 hours to the trail and conquer the SOB then drive home....But how would I know my truck has been sitting for months!

5. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Paint it a trail friendly flat black with a spray can and drive it when you want. Always have a back up vehicle for when you wheel it too hard (is there such a thing!?!?!!!). Then fix it and drive on (F.I.D.O.) Big, gnarly trail/DD rigs are cool.

John

6. blazing86

blazing86 1/2 ton status

i was thinking the same thing about towing it out of town and driving it in town. I love the looks i get driving it around town. I guess not more protecting the body