Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dale earnhart died!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by yeild2me, Feb 18, 2001.

1. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

man, just got the word....pretty sad, i was watching the race when that happened and it didnt seem to bad.. i am here in north carolina and nascar is BIG. BIGGER than anyone not from here can imagine. i am not a huge fan, but do like to watch it.... sad day in racing history...

AIRBORNE!!

2. klier

klier Registered Member

Man, what a sad, sad day for Nascar Racing. I can't imagine how the Waltrips feel, or the guy that bumped him into the wall. When we see a legend like Earnhardt pass like this, it makes you wonder if the television stations will start pointing fingers. There's going to be a lot of questions to answer...

Brian Klier
    '86 K5 Blazer
    [​IMG]

3. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

i know..today will probably be dedicated to dale and be a state holiday, since he is from here....no kidding about waltrip, being that dale was his car owner or whatever. to top it off, it was the final turn of the final lap, plus his last ride was in an ambulance....

AIRBORNE!!

4. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

I cant believe it. All the terrible crashes hes gone through and a seemingly mild crash kills him. NASCAR will never be the same. I just cant believe it. I definitely feel for the family. I guess he had some smaller children and of course Dale Jr. who watched this in his rearview mirror. He will be missed.

5. I still can\'t believe it !

I was waiting to find out how bad the accident was after the race, it was the last lap, he was nudged by a guy behind him and spun straight into the wall where another car smacked him. He hit the wall at 180 MPH or better !! I didn't think it was that bad. I still can't believe it. They say it was massive chest injuries. God Bless his familiy and friends. 1951-2001

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Freaky wreck.Hate to see him get killed by one of his own pattend nudges. I'll miss bitching about him on Sunday's for sure. Condolences to his family. Couldn't believe that wreck got him...I have seen him walk away from wrecks that looked far more serious.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/>http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/</A>

7. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

I'm still in disbelief. He was my favorite, I've even got his famous #3 on my K5.

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red> it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>[​IMG]

8. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

I always disliked Dale Sr. for his selfishness on the track. Ironic how he spent the last 10 laps of his career being unselfish and running blocker for his son and Waltrip who's car he owned. It's also ironic how he was taken out with a bump that he himself was a pioneer of. It was wierd as I was telling my wife as the accident happened I would not want to be the #40 car next week in Rockingham cause Dale will be getting revenge.

Condolences to the family and I guess he wasn't the selfish person that I and everyone else thought he was.

David 75K5
    http://www.extremeblazer.com

[​IMG]

9. dewey

dewey Registered Member

I'll always remember the day I brought my beater jet black GMC home, ran into the house and got my black plate with that big kickin' number 3 on it.. "The Intimidator" is a way of life...He will be missed, but never forgotten.
    From a "Yankee"
    D.

10. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Unreal. I got online and my start page (@Home.com) has a pic of Tony Stewart's car doing aerobatics and a blurb about Michael Waltrip winning a "wild" Daytona 500. I click the link to see what was so wild about it, and the first headline that came up was "Earnhardt Dies in Wreck". I was shocked, to say the least. NASCAR will probably dedicate this season to the Intimidator. I know a lot of people who must be real upset...big Earnhardt fans. The release I read said his wife and son were by his side when he passed; at least they had the chance to see him and say goodbye. My condolences go out to them. RIP, Dale.

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

11. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

They said the lower part of his head was crushed....
    How can driving a car around a oval track be a sport?
    Still sucks that someone died though....I saw the wreck and I was thinking it was going to be a nasty one...

<font color=orange> When was the last time you were Jagermeistered?</font color=orange>

12. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

I think i could find lots to say about Dale good and bad. But what comes to mind first is Rest in Peace Dale

Lost? i'm not lost i'm just disorienated

13. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

it just did not look that bad but he is gone I just dont know what to thank why did he die in that one

I guess that is just a part of raceing a grim one but still a part

Rest in pace Dale

[​IMG]Hail To The King

http://photos.yahoo.com/jwileywilliamson

14. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

While I'm a drag race fan and usually poke fun at the newbies on the Nascar wagon, I do have to say I respect the long time fans(like many Earnhart fans) and the greats of the sport... and Earnhart was one of them. Just goes to show how we take things for granted... even crashing into a wall at 180 and figuring the guy will walk away.

1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

15. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I'm not a huge fan but I like it..... It is a sad day for the sport of Nascar..... He died doing what he loved (hope I'm that lucky when it's my time).... The man will be missed in the racing world...... But he'll be remembered!!!!!!

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

16. Dragworm

Dragworm Registered Member

Same thing with Petty last year, hes car looked like it could have finished the race but he died also. Then you see a car with nothing but the beat up roll cage left after the engine, wheels etc. have landed in another state and the guy walks away. Racing has lost a great.

So, which one of you is the brains of the operation?
    To tell you the truth it's not exactly a "brains" type operation.

17. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

This is truly a sad day in NASCAR history. Dale helped to bring NASCAR out of the gloomy days in the 80's when NASCAR was all but dead. His racing style angered some and thrilled others, but he was a working man on the track with one goal, to be at the front at the end of the race. He is/was the "Fireball Roberts" of today and his presence will be missed by all. It's really ironic that he died doing what he loved, racing, in a race that he hated, restrictor plates. God must have needed a good driver in heaven. My prayers and condolences go out to the Earnhardt family.

18. MudRebel350

MudRebel350 1/2 ton status

Re: Dale Earnhardt died!!

I'm not much of a nascar fan, but i like Dale Earnhardt because he drove a Chevy. I couldnt believe it when I heard it on the news. You never know when your number is up. God Bless Dale Earnhardt and may he Rest In Peace.

JD
    former owner of an 88 Jimmy and 2 87 k5's

19. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

I just cant believe the greatest driver to ever strap on a helment is dead. I feel like Nascar died with him racing will never be the same again. It is a very sad day

I thought I was wrong once,
    but I was mistaken

20. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Nascar will never be the same. What a tragic loss to the entire racing community, and especially to his family. Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family, may he rest in peace.

We'll miss ya Dale!