Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dale Jr. Wins .... and loses.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Goober, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Geez, just when the guy gets some momentum going he has to open his mouth. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

Oh well, try again next week in Kansas.

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. semper-k-five

semper-k-five 1/2 ton status

i was watchin his interview after the race....man, that was funny as hell...sucks he has to be fined though....i bet if the janet jackson deal didn't cause such a big ruckas, Jr. wouldn't have gotten hit so hard....

I guess that means the word SH IT is worth 10,000 bucks!

3. semper-k-five

semper-k-five 1/2 ton status

of course the points is what hurts the most..

4. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

damn that sucks!! i really would like to see him win it!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    i really would like to see him win it!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

He will , lets not jinx it /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

All I can say is thats Bull$h!T that he gets fined and looses pointes!! im not really a nascar fan but just because he says a bad word on TV he shouldnt get in trouble for it...who should be fined is the TV station that it happened on!! They should have some kind of 6 second tape delay like they do on radio!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

hes a good old boy wtf do they expect?? I bet if you meet him outside of the track he'll curse up a storm like anyone I know.

8. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah, that's a pisser. After the race, 500 miles of arenaline coursing through him, and he lets that slip and gets porked for 25pts. After the race--that blows. Tony Stewart slams some dude in the chest and gets the same points penalty?? I don't see how this is fair, granted the dollar amounts of the fines were different, but how does physical violence and a slip of the tongue warrant the same points penalty??

9. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

$10,000 dollars and 25 points?? [censored],,,OOOPPSS,,did I just say that out loud??? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

10. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

the racers should just say F-you nascar...and refuse to race!! kinda like the baseball players striking...only this wouldnt be outta greed but disgust /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

This is what happens when NASCAR becomes popular, and everyone from soccer moms to tree huggers start watching it. They want to turn the drivers into Pat Boone. If this had happened 20 years ago when nobody gave a damn or even knew whom drivers like Harry Gant, Bill Elliot, Davey Allison, or Dale Earnhardt was, hardly anybody would have even heard about it.

12. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

so he has a slip of the tongue, does that make him any less of a driver? no. screw the 25 points, fine him $10K and be done with it. no point in taking away from his accomlishment just because he's human.