Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dallas?

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by jwingfield2k, Mar 26, 2003.

1. jwingfield2k

jwingfield2k Registered Member

Hey guys, I'm from Dallas/Richardson area. Been over at ORC boards for a while, then head so much good stuff about CK5 I just had to come over here too. Are there any legal parks in the Dallas area? I've heard of one out in Denton, but never got a confirmation on it. If not, any good spots which are apprpriate to go, (not in neighbors back yard). I found a good one off of Shiloh and about half a mile north of 1-90. Looks like it has a little bit of a bog to it. And then theres a field right across the street from my house, Spring Valley and Bowser, by railroad tracks that has some great holes once it rains. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. sluggo45acp

sluggo45acp 1/2 ton status

The only legal area im aware of is marshall creek. The area in Denton has been illegal for some time. My club dfw-tx4wd is heading out to Gilmer (barnwell mountain recreation area) for the weekend you are more than welcome to join us. Information on the run is on the web site under march run.
    Later
    Butch

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Hmm, it's been 22 years since I lived in Dallas, but there used to be a great place to wheel in the mud, just below the dam at Lake Dallas. There were trails and mud bogs all over the area. The greenies may have shut it down by now. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. mybikisfas

mybikisfas Registered Member

new to website , and moving back to dallas next week, need and want to meet and 4x4 people, im me , call me or chase me down on the road /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif