Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dam driveshaft bothing me

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 87sm465np208, Mar 25, 2003.

1. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

alright im about to put my 4" R\C lift on, i have put a 12 bolt on that still has the 12 bolt yoke on it, i fear the driveshaft might be to short due to the fact that the yoke is set back more then the 10 bolt yoke, now can i goto autozone pick up a timkin seal for a 10 bolt, take off the 12 bolt yoke and seal, and slam in the new 10 bolt seal in the 12 bolt axle and put the 10 bolt yoke on, ive heard of this, and it would save me $$$ on U-joints, because my 27$ conversion u-joint front napa is pretty gone already and i put it in November 2002 /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif, so is this possible, or am i dreaming? thanks in advance.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

there is a seal you can pick up at a parts store that's made for a 12 bolt with a 10 bolt yoke. i'm at work right now, but i have the part # at home on my comp. i'll try to post it up for ya' later tonight unless somebody beats me to it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

yea that seal number would be nice, since this is somthing im considering to do to regain some spline contact on my slip yoke. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif