Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dam*@!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Brians89K5, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Brians89K5

Brians89K5 1/2 ton status

I let my sister borrow my blazer tonight and my already loose steering column decides to grenade completely on her... This is no big deal as I already had a new column I just got the other day.... What Im pissed off about is the freaking towing company shattered my windshied... Then looks at my sis and says, "Were not liable" Then drives off. I wouldn't cry about a crack or a chip but the whole drivers side of the windshield is spider cracked and soft now. It seems that whatever broke the windshield was had soda in it... My truck is lifted and on the back of a flat bed, there is NO WAY IN HELL that a passing car or truck could toss a bottle up that high... It had to have been the carlessness of the trow truck driver.... The darn truck was only towd 4 miles.... Im so angry right now I could break something..... :mad::mad::mad:

~Brian

2. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Why don't you confirm with the tow company if that's indeed the case. AND, ask your insurance company about this. If the windshield shattered while on the tow truck, IMHO, I think the insurance company might take YOUR view that it's not your problem but THEIRS.

3. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm sorta wondering why it was even on the road at all having a steering column in it that you knew was unsafe. :confused:

Did it happen while she was driving?

4. ssped

ssped 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Are we talking about a loose tilt column? if so they are easily repaired/tightened.

5. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

Uhhh.. no. They most certainly ARE liable! That's why they have to be insured! Definitely call your insurance company and, if necessary, file a police report.

That's bullsh!t.

6. Brians89K5

Brians89K5 1/2 ton status

Steering column was loose I didn't know the darn thing was going to lock up like that nor did I know it was unsafe. As for my insurance I don't know what they will do I only have liability on the truck and no glass coverage. My blazer is not my DD. Im going to give the tow company a call today and find out whats going they can do.

~Brian