Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Damage Assesment

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BigBen, Aug 4, 2006.

1. BigBen

BigBen 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I need your thoughts:

I've got a fully finished basement in the house I've been living in for about 1.5 years.

The other night I saw the first mouse in my house.:confused:
    Now, Mice don't upset me in general, and I've had them where I've lived before.

The problem is that this is my first home that I own.... And I feel pissed that they have breached my perimiter.:angry1:

I've been setting traps and not having much luck. I'm not finding too much sign of their presence, I just keep seeing THEM.:mad: :mad:

My girlfriend is trying to talk me out of shooting them with my .22 and birdshot rounds when I see them.

So........ Hypothetically:

How much damage would a CCI .22LR birdshot round do to a carpet/drywall at a range of about 10 feet fired from a Ruger Single-Six Revolver.....:D

2. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Do it! Then post pics of the resulting damage, just make sure your girlfriend is out of the way so you dont accidently shot her. :eek1: Or you can take the easy way out and set a bunch of traps, or get a cat.

3. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

Install cat, no more mouse problems......

4. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

We had a pretty ballsy mouse in our house that was immune to d-con I could swear....he would peek his head out from behind the couch every once in a while and look at me in the chair, taunting me. So I put a phone book against the wall and got my BB gun out.

He peeked his head out and I waxed his ass with about 900FPS. In one eye and out the top of his head. No damage to the drywall because of the phone book and minimal brain splatter for the wife to clean up.

Hooah.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I agree with getting a cat. I've always had cats, and never have a mice problem.

6. BigBen

BigBen 1/2 ton status Premium Member

That would be a great plan.....
    Right up until the Girlfriend's 85lb Golden would eat it.
    Anyone ever train a dog to chase mice?

I suppose I'll have to resort to traps and such.