Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Damaged parts during shipping ??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wayne, Sep 5, 2001.

1. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I received a part today that was damaged during shipping. It was sent through UPS and I am pretty sure it was insured. My ? is this has anybody ever delt with UPS for damaged parts and is it a pain in the but getting it straitened out?

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

2. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Usually not a problem. Whoever is paying UPS for delivery (and insurance) is the one that makes the claim, usually the shipper. If this is true in your case, the shipper should contact UPS and make a claim. Usually they have you send the part back and the shipper sends another and handles reimbursement from UPS as a separate matter. Any company will usually do this for you as a customer service thing.

Of course, if you are the one that needs to make the claim, just follow UPS's instructions when you call them. It's not an overnight process but UPS shouldn't be weird about it (tho I've had some weird stuff happen with them in the recent past, it's not common).

3. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

I used to work for UPS and she is right, stuff like this happens all the time and they will handle this quickly and professionaly. Just DO NOT wait to send in your claim.

1984 K-5
    4" lift
    35x12.5 MTs
    buildin a 400 for it, any info greatly appreciated

4. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

This was not bought through a business. It was from a member here so basically then it is up to him to make the claim?

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

5. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

Hopefully he had insurance on it. You can also get on the web site and file your own paperwork. I know with FED EX they have a minimum insurance amount even if you don't pay for it.

1984 K-5
    4" lift
    35x12.5 MTs
    buildin a 400 for it, any info greatly appreciated