Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DAMMIT! I want this IROC and can't sell my TAs!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blaze, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

DAMMIT! I want this IROC and can\'t sell my TAs!

I found a badass IROC. Well, it isn't badass yet, but it will be. I can probably get it for $1500, but I can't sell my Trans Ams. You would think more people would be interested in rust-free 2nd gen TAs. This sucks, these cars are worth a lot more than $1500, but I just want to sell them so I can buy this IROC. Damn, I want this IROC vert.

I guess the cars will be hitting eBay in the next few days. I just hate to pay the damn eBay fees on selling cars. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Re: DAMMIT! I want this IROC and can\'t sell my TAs!

How much are the ebay fees??? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

They will probably end up being like $50 for each car. The 79 I'm trying to get $1200 out of and the 81 I just want $500. I figure I'd try and get that on Ebay for them, or sell them outright for $1500.

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I would think that you wouldn't get many bidders on ebay for cars selling at such low dollar amounts. Unless someone right in your area wanted them the shipping fees would be more than the price of one car and 50% of the price of the other one. Most of your ebay audience is spread around the country. Shipping a car can easily run $700 plus. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Not many people would spend $500 (Or even $1,200) on a car and then pay another $700 to have it shipped to them. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Run ads in the local papers. That's the best way to sell stuff locally.

5. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Well, I listed an 84 Trans Am on eBay before for $600 and a guy bought it. He drove down from PA and picked it up with a tow dolly. I've had friend have a lot of luck selling Trans Ams on eBay. I can also help deliver them, if they live within a reasonable distance.

I'll run some ads in my local papers, too. I've already listed them in most of the TA and Pontiac classifieds on the internet. I guess I'm just impatient. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

That dude must have really been desperate for some non-rusted sheet metal! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I would think that you wouldn't get many bidders on ebay for cars selling at such low dollar amounts. Unless someone right in your area wanted them the shipping fees would be more than the price of one car and 50% of the price of the other one. Most of your ebay audience is spread around the country. Shipping a car can easily run $700 plus. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Not many people would spend $500 (Or even $1,200) on a car and then pay another $700 to have it shipped to them. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Run ads in the local papers. That's the best way to sell stuff locally.

[/ QUOTE ] I shipped a 73 Camaro from Omaha, Ne to Ind. for just over $300.00 .

8. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

The car was a real POS too, and had no title. It did have a aftermarket fiberglass notchback hatch on it that was kinda cool, though. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif