Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DAMMM 10 blt rear ends!

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by dleroy43, Nov 13, 2002.

1. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Pulling out of work today, I give some gas to get on the street then GLANG! no longer moving, stuck in middle of road, lots of cars comming, THIS SUCKS. 6 days is all it took for this sub to break the rear with 35. not sure whats wrong yet Ill take it apart tommarow. how long did it take for you? /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. BigBluOx

BigBluOx 1/2 ton status

The only time I've busted the rears on my /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif was after a shop replaced them after I grenaded my tranny. They re-used some parts and that's what went. Other than that, the only thing that has left me stranded in the same fashion as you was a TC that went out... My 10-bolt has been working for over a year with 35's since they fixed the gears in the rear... (muddin' playin' on the rocks a little, and street)

Jon /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Sometimes they last sometimes they don't. I know of 2 Subs with strong engines that are running 1/2 ton axles with 38's and 39.5's.

Are you going to get the FF now?

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i have a 14SF and have never had a problem, but i'll swap a 14ff in there someday. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

5. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I know now why they are called granade diff, and a few teeth /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Well guess its time to upgrade. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

6. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I'm using my old SF in a trailer made out of an old pick up truck bed now that I have my FF.