Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Damn Canadians

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tomseviltwin, Apr 3, 2004.

1. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

From now on, could you keep the sucky band Nickleback to yourselves? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

2. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

i second that

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Ahh, but I ask you, shall your life be spent concerened with the things you do not like, the things that anger, or shall it be spent enjoying all that infatuates you?

4. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

What the hell are we supposed to do with them??? why do you think we sent them to the states???? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Dude, Nickelback kicks ass....well, at least some of their stuff does

6. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

This coming from a country that has unleashed such monsters as Britney Spears, 50 cent, and the "new" Metallica...... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    This coming from a country that has unleashed such monsters as Britney Spears, 50 cent, and the "new" Metallica......

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifwe're sorry.... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. tomseviltwin

[ QUOTE ]
    Dude, Nickelback kicks ass....well, at least some of their stuff does

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gifRock on Dude /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. tomseviltwin

[ QUOTE ]
    This coming from a country that has unleashed such monsters as Britney Spears, 50 cent, and the "new" Metallica...... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, ouch that hurts. At least we have Creed /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

10. Resurrection_Joe

Keep in mind that new metallica was the old metallica you loved so well, and new metallica will kick the [darn] out of 90% of the crap on the radio today

11. tomseviltwin

I like the new Metalica. We all change as we get older. I like the new stuff almost as much as the old. When they put out a Christmas album, I'll know then, that it's over. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

12. Can Can

[ QUOTE ]
    Keep in mind that new metallica was the old metallica you loved so well

[/ QUOTE ]

You're entitled to your opinion, but show me how anything off their new CD compares to such classics as "For Whom the Bell Tolls", "One", or "Seek and Destroy", to name a few.

13. Resurrection_Joe

I wasn't comparing, I'm just saying the same band (kind of) that did Bells, One, and Master, still play Bells, One, and Master.

I think the thing that's missing off the new album is differentiating guitar lines. Both guitars are chugging out the same muddy rhythm, no solos or haunting melody.

It's not all that great but I'll still put it next to Load/Reload as far as quality goes. Just no differentiated guitars. And muddy thoughout. I'd like to hear the tunes live and see if its the mixing or the way they play it.

The only song I really LIKE off Anger is "Unnamed Feeling" it has the melody and is clearer.

14. Can Can

I guess my beef with the new album is that if they are still able to play their older high-quality tunes at their live shows, why can't they sit down and write some more?

[ QUOTE ]
    Just no differentiated guitars. And muddy thoughout.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep!!! That's another beef I have. Either they should kick the shite out of their mix tech and producer, or they should have listened a little closer to the master recording and said "That really sounds crappy, doesn't it?". I guess it all boils down to the fact that their new album has lots of balls, but no soul. Metallica has been around long enough to know that there's a difference between the two....... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

15. Resurrection_Joe

They gave into the whiney pussy ass fans that wanted "old hard stuff" go listen to slayer you pussies!

Hahahaha, I'm sure they'll belt out something really amazing some day. I read on encycmet they are doing some of the leftovers from St. Anger for some wierd project. They are getting older and cashing in on some merchendise, but they still rock and appreciate their fans.

BRING BACK THE INSTRUMENTALS!

16. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I like the new Metalica. We all change as we get older. I like the new stuff almost as much as the old. When they put out a Christmas album, I'll know then, that it's over. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said!! I couldn't agree more!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif