Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Damn County(Rant)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Drey, May 21, 2005.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Well It finally happened out local dirt road near Schaller, great place to hunt, and go mudding was abandoned by the county, so now the farmers own it. Two Huge Gates on Either Side, The ditchs have a bunch of barbed wire in them to keep people out, and a Enormous No Tresspassing Sign...

It just makes me mad, hell the guys that used to tear it up real bad moved away, the only guys that ran down it were a few of me and my buddys with close to stock rigs. I really wish they take some of the damn DNR ground and open it up to wheeling, One trail would make all the different in the world. Ive talked to a couple DNR guys and they said it brings to much polution...No more Im sure then all the Chemicals and Nitrogen runnoff that they bitch to us farmers and Co-op workers about.

Do you guys have any Ideas about going infront of a county bored or something to get a OHV trail aprroved?

2. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

just go to one of the meetings and listen to what is said. Unless there is some big issue it should be a calm and normal meeting where you won't feel uneasy about bringing up the subject and discuss it. Have your ideas wrote down on paper so you do not forget these things and be able to take notes for the next meeting on what questions they want the answer to next meeting. It would be good if a few friends went also to show a group interest. Ask how much suport you need to make this happen. Have your ideas of where to have this atwith a couple options and a list of pros and cons etc... But most of these meetings are usually everyday people and easy to speak at. Worth a try. Especially if there is unused county property and a club will be helping to take care of it. Or a few roads on the land you just want ride on and hills to play on. Just have a good idea on what you want and most importantly what the county will get out of it. For example this will be a place the teenagers will be at not to get in trouble and we will keep the liter picked up around this area or something like this.