Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Damn death wobble

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DaveCowley, Mar 31, 2003.

1. DaveCowley

DaveCowley 1/2 ton status

I have tried everything under the sun to relieve this death wobble but ever since I put the TSL SX tires on it it will shake till the cows come home. Only does it between 25 and 35 mph but this weekend I am going to crossover steer it and in a few weeks will do the rear spring bushings but I have a hard time believing that will help. Does anybody else run these tires and not have a Death Wobble/shimmy from hell. My TSL Radials never had this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Dave Cowley

2. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have a set of 35x15.50 TSL SX's on my truck and it does it at the same range of speed. I know my problem is from the drag link ends and the spring bushings. They are horrible on the street which is why I'm getting BFG MT's tomorrow. YAY! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

what axle? check your ball joints(D44 and corp 10) or your king pin spring preload? (D60). if D 60 add a 1/4 thick body washer on top of the spring. make sure it has the hole got grease. should be good then.
    grant

4. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

HYDROASSIST STEERING

It was the ONLY fix (read:bandaid) I found for my rig with SXs and severe death wobble.

5. DaveCowley

DaveCowley 1/2 ton status

I just did another search and found the post about the King Pin and shimming it with washers thanks for the help I guess I should have looked longer than I did. I will try that tomorrow and see what happens.

Dave Cowley