Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Damn Ford tractors!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Russell Keys, Nov 8, 2000.

1. Russell Keys

Russell Keys 1/2 ton status

Last night my brother was driving my Blazer when he hit some JACKASS driving a tractor down the road with no lights or reflectors! My brother wasn't hurt but his friend had to get stitches in his hand. JACKASS(I'll just call him Jack) supposedly broke his arm. I'll find out for sure this weekend when he gets a visit. Jon, my brother was going about 50 when he came up on the tractor so all he had time to do was hit the brakes and hit the ditch. Well, he caught the back right half of the tractor and spun it around. Jon said there was a good amount of damage to the blazer(good is bad!). The d-side fender,hood,grill,rad needs replaced. He also said the frame looked bent and he thought the winch was broke. The adapter between the tranny and t-case also broke and the rear d-shaft came apart due to the impact. Sorry for the long post, just wanted to whine a little! -Russell

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

That really sucks. Hopefully JACK has insurance, since it should be his fault, running without reflectors and that big orange triangle

90K5

3. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Good to hear everybody is alright. I would think that TX has similar laws to KS, and that even tractors have to have lights on the rear.
    Anyway, saw your a land surveyor, I did some construction staking for about two years after college. Still kinda interested in it and still talk to my old crew chief about their projects. I've thought about getting a surveyors license and doing some on the side.

Cruisin in my '73.

4. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Hey Russell, sorry to hear about the accident! It sounds like your brother was not at fault, hopefully it will work out that way!
    If you have not figured it out yet, I am the one who bought your K30.
    The first thing I did with it was pulled the axles. I went completely through both the Dana 60 and the Corporate 14. All new bearings, seals and anything else that had wear. I put a Power-Loc in the Dana and the TSM disc brake kit on the 14. I installed the 14 last night and drove it. I will probably start installing the Dana tonight, should have it done Saturday. Sorry about the long post, thought you might be interested in how it was going. Hope everything else is going good for you. Later, Daniel

5. Russell Keys

Russell Keys 1/2 ton status

Hey Daniel, Glad to see everything is coming along. How was the rear disc conversion. I'm sure it took a heck of a lot of weight off the rear. That was going to be my next project. we'll have to see sat how bad things are.-Russell