Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

damn fords (HELP)

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by adamforsythe, Apr 22, 2005.

1. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

Oct 16, 2004
    My friends 1995 F-150 with the 300 I6 engine is starting to piss me off. He called me up about two days ago saying his trunk wont start. So I got in my blazer went over to him. When I got there the ttruck would only click when your try to start it. Well i though ok his starter is gone. So I towed him home. The next day I got to work on changing out the starter Solenoid. Well I got that all done so when my friend got out of work he got in it and started it right up. Well I told him to shut it off and start it a few times. So he shuts it off and click. So I took every wire connection off and cleaned them again. Then I broke the Ignition Relay Solenoid So I replaced that and still nothing. I even tryed jumping the truck. There is power to the starter.
    Please help.
  2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Jul 22, 2001
    Maybe ignition switch or wiring gremlin ????

Wifes old Nissan ( glad its gone ) wouldn't start sometimes , faint click . Had my buddy do the starter for me while the wife and I carpooled . Nwe battery , good connections , new battery terminals etc .

It would still do the same , like your buddies truck .

When we traded the car in we crossed our fingers and it did start up for the salesman to take to the back of the lot , aftre we signed it was releif for us LOL :D