Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

damn i just put 500 degree chassis gfrease in my spicers,,,

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by R72K5, Mar 26, 2005.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

did i screw up ? will i be able to push the disc brake wheel bearing grease out of the spicer u joints with multi purpose chassis grease and be fine ? these are joints that have been dry and sitting for years and this is the first grease put into them for a real LONG time,
    one is not taking any, i dunno what the deal is, the ball valve in the zerk is fine, humm,..,
    im afraid im gonna have to replace it,..
    but the other three are fine so far,.

thanks

2. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

As long as the same type of grease is in the joint all the way through, and you keep them greased, you should be fine.
    Unless you'll be running in the water a lot, pretty much any grease will work OK.

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

but i just pushed out black chassis grease by putting in the yellow hi temp disc bearing grease just now

will i be ok if i go get black chassis grease and push out that yellow grease ?

or is it too late now ?

thanks

4. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Just pump in plenty of yellow, so no more black comes out. Once you drive it a few miles, pump in some more yellow to purge anything that was trapped in the needle bearings. Like I said, if you're not playing in the water a lot, the type of grease used in U-joints isn't as critical as some people make it out to be. Pump a couple squirts of fresh grease (always the same stuff; DON'T mix different greases) in the joints periodically and you'll be fine.