Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Damn I want to run...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I wish I could start running again... I want to start going to the gym and running again so frickin bad, but my stupid azz doctor keeps saying to wait till I'm done with physical therapy... That's gonna take about 50000 years and by then I'll be too fat and lazy to get up and run anymore, and I'll have a heart attack and die by the time I'm 30. I hate not running and being in shape... Before i left in September, I was in about the best shape of my life, and I've lost all that I worked my ass off all summer for :angry1:. I'm quite the skinny fellow, but I do have a slight gut that I got rid of... Didn't lose any weight though, which is good...

Son of a whore...

Doctors suck... Physical therapy sucks... But I hate to think if I go against the doctors wishes and get ****ed over worse than already... Damn them all... I'm just glad I'm not my doctor, I'm probably quite the difficult patient to work with :whistle: Physical Therapists are worse... Bunch of ****ing morons. I kinda want to just quit going, It's quite the waste of an hour of my days off. Not to mention waking up to that just sets me in a bad mood for the better part of the day. It certainly doesn't help that I've been in quite the bad mood for the better part of the last two months either... No motivation to go whatsoever other than the slight POSSIBILITY that in the end, I may get back into the Air Force. I have to wear these gay ass orthotics in my shoes that hurt like a bitch and make me walk like a drunken cowboy who just rode in on "Hoss" from the wild west... I quite liked the way I used to walk, it didn't hurt...

All this crap I'm doing, and money I'm paying over a damned "sprained" ankle (stupid ass emergency room doctor) better be damn well worth it in the end... Currently, it's quite the dose of bull**** waste of my time crap... $20 deductibles every time I see the Dr. (about once a month now), plus whatever I have to pay after the insurance covers physical therapy... It's gotta be a conspiracy... Tell the poor 20 year old that he's not getting better so he'll keep spending money and lining people's pockets with fresh greens...

Okay, I'm done whining for the evening... Thanks for reading, come again soon :)

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

There's other ways to exercise besides running :whistle:

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Yeah...... but running's my thang :D

Actually, a coworker and I are trying to figure out if we can get our schedules to work so we can join a gym... she needs to get rid of her baby weight and I need to quit feeling like a bump... I don't have any room/equipment in my house to do much other than pushups, situps, and such...

But yeah, I want to run... **** all that other stuff...

4. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I feel your pain man, I've been there. Running is :pimp1: .

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I can't remeber the last time I ran for anything, MAYBE for fire, sudden gas fires..... I remeber a car went up and I just stepped back

Damn I'm lazy..... but at least it makes me come off as steady handed

6. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Do your cardio by swimming at the hotel or gym (if they have a pool). Train your upper body at the gym......

7. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

At your age, at least your right arm ought to be in great shape:smirk:

John

8. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I'd give some supporting advice... but I doubt anything from a guy who gets up and drives 100 yards to the shop when it's summer and warm out will help.

I ran around my field once one night in the fall of 2003. Since then, I don't have any more stories.

9. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

:blush: what the piss is up with the limiting of smilies in a post :(

Um. Yes. It ought to be. ... In great. Um. Shape...

But really, my left arm is stronger... doesn't make sense that I'm right handed, but when I carry stuff I prefer to use my left arm.... :xmas: