Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

damn search lookin for ant and grasshopper post

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by surpip, Sep 7, 2004.

1. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i do a search for the ant and the grasshopper thing and i get every post made for the last month, 99% of wich have no mention of ant or grasshopper annywhere in them /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Re: damn search

Did you put "and" and "the" in there? If the search is anything like I think it is, it'll pull up ANY post with ANY of those words... Since nearly every single post made on this board will more than likely have the words "and" and "the" in them, you'll get results including nearly every post made on this forum. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Okay, I believe you now... I just did a search for "ant grasshopper" and got every post on every forum /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

man that sucks anny body still have that thread around???

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

ttt

6. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Why do people have such a hard time with the search. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Use quotes and + when you need to. Do a search again using this: +" ant" +grasshopper
    or just use grasshopper as the search word.

7. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

I searched "the ant and the grasshopper" came up with this post, and one from the other day where a referance was made about it.... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif what your lookin for other than that

8. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

ok well i thought it was like every other search on the internet where you could just type in what you needed to find,
    now that i have been properly schooled on the use of the search,when and where do you need to put the quotes in at?

9. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

I always use quotes around phrases and keywords. Use a + for words/phrases you want in the search and a - if there's a word/phrase you don't want in the search. I've never had a problem with the search engine here when I do that.

10. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

11. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i found it thanks

12. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

sheesh...i see the problem now, its not ant VS the grasshopper...but still, i'd of thought a search on "ant" or "grasshopper" would have yielded something! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

13. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I searched "grasshopper" in quotes, then clicked "in subject" and I came up with those