Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

damn the city

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigrollin76, Feb 17, 2005.

1. bigrollin76

bigrollin76 Registered Member

my friend ricky got his truck towed for leaving it out on the street to long. the big problem with this is the person who he bought the truck off of lost the title so he has no title. is there any way he can maybe get a salviged title and get it back from the junk yard.:angry1:

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

apply for lost title. and hope there are no leins on it from years past... I went through this.. a lein was on my truck from like 10 years ago, and the buisness who held the lein was now outa buisness. a little bit of forging and i got my truck back heh. gotta do what ya gotta do.. I now know the importance of getting the title squared away before any money exchanges hands.

3. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I'd check with your local DMV first but if you have a sales receipt or some type of proof of purchase they should work with you.

4. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

I had to do this with my dirtbike... your gonna have to find the person the title was last registered under, get him to sign it to you then take it to the dmv... or you can bs it.

5. bigrollin76

bigrollin76 Registered Member

thanks for the advice. a few other problems its almost impossible to get a hold of the last owner hes homeless now. also we dont exactly have 10 years to wait. he doesnt have a bill of sale either.

6. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

If you know his name bs it. otherwise he has to buy it back from the junkyard.

7. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

who said anything about waiting 10 years lol....

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

1 word comes to mind... it starts with F and ends with UCKED.why would you even buy a truck that didnt have a title? or be in posession of one at all? :confused:

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Apply for lost title OR...

There is an ad in hemmings motor news for a place that will sell you a title for any vehicle 1985 or under,providing the vehicle's VIN isnt listed as stolen or any current leins,they are located in alabama,last I heard it costs 150 bucks to do this--but I'd say try applying for a lost title first,and see what happens....

I think the Title laws are B.S.--I've seen more rust free decent trucks get parted out or crushed just because someone lost the title,or the owner died an nobody knew where to find it..Our state requires a title for EVERY truck,no matter what year it is--even if its a 1937 GMC or something,its retarded-:screwy: -my friend had to buy a title for his 62 nova from that place I mentioned above,because the original title had leins on it from 1966,that were never paid--he tried tracking down the leinholder--he died in 1970!--but the DMV refused to clear the title,so he had to buy one--I think the way it works,you send them your paperwork and they register the car in alabama,and you get an alabama title,then you can use that title to get one in your state....not sure exactly how it goes,but it must be legal,it worked for him and a few other people I know...:crazy:

10. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Maybe he's being "OVERHAULED"???? :D

Shhhhh!!!! I think I see Foose hiding over there in the bushes.....

11. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

mmmmmm Courtney---drool!

I watched that show the other night--make me think twice about trusting a cop anymore,when that lady cop tricks her own son into thinking his falcon was stolen!--isnt it against the law to impersonate a law officer??--I mean the guy that played the part of the "detective" setting up the "bust" at the body shop..

Just once I'd like to see the owner of the car flip out on them and say"WTF have you done to my car,you S.O.B's!!-:eek1: :yikes: -I'm going to sue you !!:rotfl: :haha: .

The best part of that show is the "hostess"--Courtney--mMmmmm:grin: .