Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Damn WIND!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ntaj*ep, Dec 27, 2002.

1. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

the wind is so bad right now the power is flickering!! I will not be on for much longer..... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Its been howling here too. Gusts up to 50 or 60 I hear. blew my truck around on the freeway this morning and thats no easy task on my 1 ton dually 4x4!

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Nice and calm here !!! No wind, 56 degrees. Got the windows open enjoying the day. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

There are tons of trees down! I drove around and could feel the wind blowing all over. It is suppose to be like this till 9! Hope the bars have power! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. BigBluOx

BigBluOx 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif The bars I was in had power /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Jon /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

6. joker89blazer

joker89blazer 1/2 ton status

Have you tried beano??? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Not only did the bars have power, but they had beer.....MMMMMMMMM! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Probibly why I'm now just waking up.
    Some bastard bars had power but closed when they didn't have power so they lose!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    I will be going up to the Platu tonight to taste the fine........BEER up there so watch out!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I looked outside and there are some huge branches on the ground! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I hate strong winds. Last August I woke up to some freak wind storm that blew 4 sheets of tin off my shed roof, blew 3-4 trees over about 200 feet away from me, and overturned a portable carport thingy held down by a chain and 4 concrete cinder blocks. Wind was so noisy it was like I was directly next to a huge waterfall. I thought it was the end of the world for a while. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

9. Chris87K5

Chris87K5 1/2 ton status

We had a storm here last year that picked up my kids' 14' trampoline and slammed it into the side of the house!!! /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

10. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

yeah i was backpacking once and a freak storm came up. The wind wasnt so bad when you thought about the forest fire the lightning made about a mile up wind from us /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

11. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

It is kicking up again! I think I just picked up all the branches and reset all the clocks too! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

12. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Only bad wind here right now is the result of those enchiladias I had for dinner, man this stuff is bad....

13. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

we didnt get the wind here, sounds like you guys went through alot of crap though, paper said it was bad over there

14. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

It's been windy here, too. My 77 Trans Am is still sitting at the guys house I bought it from since he can't find the keys. A tree fell over in the ice storm and is sitting there and the wind blew a branch off and hit the hood and windshield. Dented the hood and cracked the windshield. Dammit, two more things to fix.....